Considering that more than half of Louisiana’s men and women are single, the state’s nearly 5 million residents should find dating to be a breeze. Wait a minute. Finding love in the Bayou State may seem easy on paper, but it can be a real challenge in reality. Tourists flock to major cities. If you live in a more remote area, you might have trouble accessing any of the options.
So, you plan to remain a loner forever? In no way, shape, or form. Thankfully, the question has an answer thanks to the top Louisiana dating apps. Apps designed to help you find a life partner online can help you skip the awkward small talk and jump straight to meeting like-minded people.
Louisiana hookup sites
Interested? You should be! It’s exciting news. In the rest of this guide, we’re going to showcase our favorite picks for the best Louisiana dating apps, talk you through the local dating scene, and then share some data that may be able to help you in your search for Mr. or Ms. Right (or right now, we’re not here to judge).
The Best Dating Apps in Louisiana
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#3||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#4||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#5||The League||Free Trial|
Zoosk Ranks #1 Best Louisiana Dating App
Here’s a theme you’re going to hear a lot through this guide. The data and our experience show that there is a pretty healthy mix of singles in Louisiana who are looking for serious relationships and who are looking for casual relationships.
When we hear this, there is only one dating app that comes to mind—Zoosk.
Zoosk lets you choose from any of six different relationship goals and helps you filter through its 30 million + members to find the right person looking for the same thing as you. We could talk all day about what makes Zoosk great, but in the end, it’s going to come down to you trying it out yourself (and we think you’ll love it). Use the link below to try it out for free right now. You can start searching for matches in your area within just a few minutes.
Additional Resources for Louisiana Singles
- 3 Reasons We Chose These Dating App Options
- What It’s Like Dating in Louisiana?
- Louisiana the 12th Safest State for Online Dating
- What Parts of Louisiana are Hotspots for Online Dating Interest?
- Free Dating Sites in Louisiana
- Louisiana Dating Apps FAQ
3 Reasons We Chose These Dating App Options
Before we get talking more about what dating in the state is like, we want to share a few of the key reasons why we selected the above options as our picks for the best Louisiana dating apps. The full list of reasons is a lot more than three, but these are three of the most important.
1. Filters to see no tourists (or tourists).
It’s no secret that people who don’t live in Louisiana like to visit, which is great. However, this has a tendency to clog up the dating apps with a lot of people looking for quick, casual flings. While we know that some of you may be into that, some of you are not. And the best way to appease both sides is to recommend a dating app that caters to both options (like Zoosk) but has filters to quickly see what you’re specifically looking for.
2. Options for casual or committed dating.
When you get to our section on dating data for Louisiana, you’ll see that the state has one of the highest rates of unmarried people in the country. We take this to mean that people may not be as interested in committed relationships as they are elsewhere. But, we also realize that is not the case for everyone.
For that reason, we included options on both sides of the aisle. You’ll see some great serious options like eHarmony, and then you’ll see some casual options (that also do serious) like Zoosk.
3. Mobile capabilities.
Louisiana is not one of those states where people like to be chained down to a computer. We don’t have to tell you that. This is the reason that any Louisiana dating app we recommend has to have a mobile friendly option. This can be a dedicated app or a mobile-friendly web platform; it just needs to exist and needs to be good.
What It’s Like Dating in Louisiana?
Louisiana is a very polarized state. What we mean is that when you go from city to city, the dating scene is going to be miles different. Dating in New Orleans is not going to be the same as dating in Shreveport.
Why do we share that? Well, we’re about to give you the trends that we’ve seen within the dating scene in the state. Keep in mind that not all of these trends are true for the entire state. Some are more localized to certain regions, so don’t be surprised if things are a bit different where you live.
- People like to drink…sometimes too much – According to the CDC, Louisiana is the 14th worst state for adult binge drinking in the US. While this is certainly not everyone, it’s probably safe to assume that singles account for a higher percentage of this figure. So, what’s that mean for dating? Well, it means you may run into a few more lushes than you would elsewhere. If that’s your speed, cool. If it’s not, you may want to consider being a little more forward about what you’re cool with or pay closer attention on your first few dates.
- More women than men are unmarried. – For both men and women, the state of Louisiana has one of the highest rates of unmarried people in the country (data listed below). But when you compare men and women, there are far more unmarried women than their are men in the state. While this is a broad population stat so you may not see the difference as clearly in your dating life, it’s something to be aware of. For heterosexual singles, there are a lot more available options for the men than their are for the women.
- Safety is a real concern in some areas. – We’re looking at you, French Quarter. While online dating in the state is actually quite safe (we’ll share some data on that further down in this guide), in-person safety is always a concern in the state. Check just about any list of crime stats or safety rankings and you’re going to find Louisiana in the bottom half or worse. What this means is that you’re going to have to be more diligent about keeping yourself safe when you go out. This might mean choosing date spots you’re comfortable with, moving dates a bit earlier than you’re used to (yes, we know a lot of places don’t kick off the music and such until late), and follow some basic dating safety practices. This shouldn’t be something that shuts down your dating life, but it’s something to be aware of.
- The dating scene in some areas is dominated by tourists. – We’re looking at you, again, French Quarter. It’s amazing that several areas of the state are popular tourists destinations. However, if you’re trying to use a dating app to meet someone locally, you’re going to need to weed through quite a bit of people in town for the weekend. As you might imagine, this is the worst the closer you get to Bourbon Street, but there are several other areas in the state that attract tourists regularly.
- It’s not just the streets that are dirty. – Let’s talk something icky for a second. When it comes to the rate of STDs by state in the US, Louisiana came in 2nd. In other words, Louisiana has the 2nd highest rate of STDs in the country. How this affects dating, we think you can figure out for yourself. Please be safe out there.
New Orleans and Baton Rouge Make List of Best Cities for Singles
Curious how the biggest cities in the state are for singles? So were we.
Recently, our research team took a look at the 100 most populous cities in the country. The team looked at 36 different data points to find which cities were the best (and which were the worst) cities for singles.
Louisiana’s two largest cities made the list. New Orleans made the list at 70th and Baton Rouge in rounded things out in 82nd. Both cities scored decently in the quality of the dating pool category but not as well in the dating amenities and cost categories. While there are a lot of tourist spots in these cities, there are fewer options available for singles who want to stay off the beaten path.
- 70th – New Orleans
- 82nd – Baton Rouge
If you do happen to live in The Big Easy, we put together a dating guide especially for you linked below. It’s similar to this one but dedicated to details specific to your city.
Louisiana Singles Dating Statistics
Lastly, we wanted to share some general overview stats of the dating scene in Louisiana. Below, you’ll see some recent Census data shared for your reference. We’ll look at things like what age groups are largest, how many people in the state are married or not (by gender), and the state’s level of access to the internet, which has an effect on the popularity of online dating.
Population in Louisiana by Gender
- 51.1% women in Louisiana
- 48.9% men in Louisiana
Overall Singles (Unmarried) by Gender
- 55.6% of women in Louisiana are single
- 52.9% of men in Louisiana are single
Population in Louisiana by Age
- The median age in the state is 38 years old (just below the National average)
- 12.9% aged from 20-29 years old
- 13.9% aged from 30-39 years old
- 12% aged from 40-49 years old
- 12.1% aged from 50-59 years old
- 23.2% aged 60+ years old
% Households With Internet in LA
- 72.8% of households in Louisiana have internet access
Louisiana the 12th Safest State for Online Dating
While we’re on the topic of helping you pick out a Louisiana dating app, we need to also talk about the safety of online dating. Recently, our team conducted an online dating and romance scam data study. We looked at the following five data points from FBI, BLS, and Census data to determine the most and least dangerous states for online dating.
The results? Louisiana came in as the 12th safest state for online dating. Here are a few details from that study that pertain to Louisiana:
- The odds of being a victim of an online romance scam in Louisiana is 1 in 16,000.
- Last year, Louisiana residents reported losing over $10 million to these types of scams.
What Parts of Louisiana are Hotspots for Online Dating Interest?
Certain areas of Louisiana seem to be more interested in online dating. How do we know? While we wish we were just psychic, we’re actually data nerds. We pulled the recent search traffic for people living in all of the major metropolitan areas of the state. The results showed us where the most search for online dating topics was happening. The city at the top? Baton Rouge.
Coming in second place was the world famous New Orleans with about 77% of the traffic Baton Rouge produced. The other two hotspots on the list rounding out the list were Shreveport and Lafayette.
- Baton Rouge LA – (100)
- New Orleans LA – (77)
- Shreveport LA – (35)
- Lafayette LA – (26)
If you don’t live in Baton Rouge or New Orleans, you’re not out of luck. While these cities are certainly hotspots, it doesn’t mean the rest of the state is not fruitful for digital dating—it’s just a little slower.
Free Dating Sites in Louisiana
The last thing we want to talk about dating are free dating sites in Louisiana. And to start, we want to clarify that there is a massive difference between 100% free dating sites and sites that offer free trials.
If you’re looking for free trials, awesome. These are incredible ways to check out quality dating apps without having to shell out cash until you know for sure you’re at the right site. Below, you’ll find links to some of the top free trial options out there for dating in the state. These trials do have some limitations, but they’re perfect to help you pick out the best dating app option for you!
- Elite Singles Free Trial
- eHarmony Free Trial
- SilverSingles Free Trial
- JDate Free Trial
- Christian Mingle Free Trial
If you’re looking for completely free dating apps in Louisiana, we have some real talk for you here. Avoid these options. Yes, it sounds great to save a few bucks. However, it’s going to be more expensive emotionally and financially in the long run. Free dating sites just don’t have the resources needed to offer a safe and quality online dating experience. Expect to see a ton of scammers, fake accounts, lots of intrusive ads, and a lack of customer support.
Louisiana Dating Apps FAQ
Is dating in Louisiana hard?
The difficulty of dating in Louisiana depends a lot on where you live. In some rural areas, you’re going to run into issues of a lower number of people to choose from. In the more populous areas, you’ll have more options, but you may run into a lot of tourists, safety issues, and a more “party-like” atmosphere that could create challenges. Still, though, you can have success dating in the state; there are just some added challenges.
What is the best dating app in Louisiana?
We feel that Zoosk is the best dating app in Louisiana because it’s the perfect mix of options (that include locals and tourists), but a ton of great filters so you can fine tune the app to be what you want. It’s ideal for finding committed relationships or casual dating, which fits well with the most common relationship goals of the state