Considerable progress can be made toward one’s goals through maintaining an optimistic outlook. However, we don’t think this should put a damper on your romantic prospects. Dating shifts and can even become more difficult when you have to be pickier about who you date or have more difficult conversations. Again, that doesn’t take away from your potential to find love through dating.
What are some strategies for dating after an STD diagnosis? There are many options available, but we recommend trying online dating for its convenience and ease. STD dating sites allow singles to meet one another and talk about their experiences with STDs in a safe and judgment-free environment.
To help you get your dating life back on track after contracting an STD, we’ve compiled a list of the best online dating services currently available.
Hpv dating site
The 6 Best STD Dating Sites
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#1||Positive Singles||Free Trial|
|#4||Meet Positives||Free Trial|
|#5||HSV Date||Free Trial|
|#6||Pos Date||Free Trial|
1. Positive Singles – Best Overall STD Dating App
- Available 1-on-1 STD advisor
- Thousands of success stories
- Website is secure and well-moderated
Positive Singles is an app that supports those who have tested positive for herpes, HPV, HIV/AIDS, or any other lifelong STD. Whether you are searching for a supportive friend or a committed partner, Positive singles aids in your journey. This is one of the best dating apps for STD because it blends dating services and health-support services to keep you and your potential partners safe and happy.
The Bottom Line – If you want to meet other singles while also learning to handle your diagnosis, Positive Singles is the app for you. This was an easy pick for the top STD dating site.
2. MPWH – Best Herpes Dating Site
- Dedicated focus on privacy and anonymousness
- iPhone and Android options available
- Supportive blogs and resources for users
If you’re looking for a great herpes dating site where you can meet some other positive singles, MPWH certainly needs to be on your list. The site does a great job of pushing discretion and creating a safe and welcoming environment to find someone special.
The Bottom Line – MPWH is the go-to pick when it comes to herpes dating sites. The fact you can use the site on your iPhone, Android, or desktop is also a nice added perk.
3. eHarmony – Best Mainstream Option
- In-depth assessment upon signup to better match singles
- Mainstream app with large user base
- More successful relationship than any other site
eHarmony is a mainstream dating app but still makes it on our list of the best dating apps for STDS. Why? The personality assessment and complex matching algorithm has led to more successful relationships than any other dating site. However, as a mainstream site, there is no expectation that a match is STD positive. Therefore, members must be responsible and let potential partners know upfront about their condition.
The Bottom Line – A great place to meet singles that are matched to your core values and needs but requires honesty in regard to your positive status. While it’s not a dedicated STD dating site, it’s still a great place where you can find someone special.
4. Meet Positives – Best for Positive Singles Who Want to Avoid “The Talk”
- Free to register
- Wide user base for all sexual orientations
- Provides support features alongside dating features
Meet Positives operates with the intention of making the dating scene less awkward for STD positive singles. The idea is that users of the site are all aware of your positive status, so the need for “the talk” is no longer necessary. Additionally, the app provides community support and success stories to help members come together for one another. All profiles are safely protected behind the account log in, so you don’t have anything publicly shown to anyone other than the other members.
The Bottom Line – If the idea of mainstream dating and telling your partner about your STD makes you uncomfortable, Meet Positives offers a place where positive status is upfront and needs no discussion.
5. HSV Date – Best Secondary HSV Dating Site
- Dating site exclusively for Herpes positive singles
- Quick matching system
- Membership as low as $13.33/month
HSV Date is a community exclusively for Herpes Simplex positive singles. It is on our list of the best dating apps for STD thanks to its easy signup, large user base, and easy matching system. Simply click yes or no on members to make navigating potential matches easy. If you want something a little more in-depth, you can go view members profiles before opting to send a message.
The Bottom Line – Blends features from hookup dating apps and traditional dating apps to create a customizable experience for HSV positive singles.
6. Pos Date – Online Dating for Singles with HIV
- Exclusive dating app for HIV positive singles.
- Simple Signup – Takes 10 minutes or less.
- Membership starts at $40.69/month
Pos Date is a simple, but visually appealing dating site for singles with HIV to find love online. While we can’t ignore that this STD dating site has quite a few positive reviews from users there were a few things that bothered us. Chief among them was that free users are very limited. With a free account you can only upload images, search the site, and send flirts (similar to a like or a wink on other platforms. After that this is one of the more expensive STD dating sites available.
The Bottom Line – If you’re looking for a dating site that only has other singles with HIV, Pos Date may be worth a try. Just be prepared to pay.
Are STD Dating Apps Safe?
The word safe can mean a lot of different things. And when it comes to STD dating apps being safe, that trend continues. So, let’s answer this overarching question by looking at a few different areas.
First, safety can mean privacy, and that becomes more important when your health information is out there. While STD dating apps aren’t bound by HIPAA or anything like that, they better be all over privacy or else they’re not worth your time. Most STD dating apps do an amazing job of this and only show information that you choose to share. Additionally, they only share this information to other members, not third party companies or the general public.
Second, safety can refer to your health. Yes, STD dating sites are going to be filled with people who have medical conditions that may be contagious. This does carry a bit more risk, but that can be completely mitigated if you’re open, honest, and smart about things. Don’t take unnecessary risks just because you like someone. While the sites can do a lot to give you the avenue to share your health information, it’s up to you to be smart and safe in this category.
Last, safety can refer to general safety (like creepers, stalkers, etc.). Dating apps can do a lot to help in this area with profile verification, proactive customer service teams, and fraud departments on the lookout for anyone who isn’t on the up and up. Just because a dating app caters specifically to singles with STDs doesn’t mean they’re off the hook for this stuff. In order to make our top-rated list, we better see all of this as a major priority.
Tips for Positive Singles Dating Online
Selecting an STD dating app is only the first step in your journey back to normalcy. It’s a big one, but there is a lot more that goes into having a successful online dating experience. Here are a few tips to help you get started on the right path.
- Honesty Always – Whether you’re using an STD dating app or a mainstream app, you need to be prepared to be honest. If that’s something that’s hard for you, stick to the STD-only options. If you’re okay with being open and forward about things, you can venture to the mainstream options.
- Take Your Time – When you match with other positive singles online, it can feel natural to rush along and get to meeting each other as quickly as possible. Slow down! Allow yourself time to assess the other person, and allow them to do the same with you. This is especially true if either of you had a more recent diagnosis, as all of this is like starting over fresh again.
- Be Safe – For anyone dating who doesn’t have a positive diagnosis, we give the same advice. However, for people who do have a positive diagnosis, this does go a step further. Be safe in general, but also be safe with your sexual health. Do this for yourself and for the partners that you meet. There’s not reason to complicate things more and put yourself at undue risk.
- Be Knowledgeable – Make sure you know everything there is to know about your diagnosis. One—this is just a good practice when you have something impacting your health. Two—this prepares you to answer questions from other singles and know what will and will not put you (or them) at any further health risks. The cheesy cliché that knowledge is power is actually a pretty accurate statement.
How Do You Tell Your Match Your Positive?
If you decide to use a mainstream dating app (which is totally okay), you’ll have to have a conversation with your matches or dates about your situation. Yes, it will be awkward, but it can go well. What we wanted to do is include a few tips on mastering that conversation so you can hopefully have the best results.
- Be Direct – Don’t skirt around the topic. For example, “Before our relationship goes any further, you need to know that I do have a sexually transmitted disease.” And then be prepared to give details about what it is, how it affects you, and the potential health risks to them.
- Listen Without Getting Defensive – Your match may have a lot of questions, and that is fair. As long as they aren’t insulting you, you shouldn’t take their curiosity offensively. Remember, them asking questions means they’re open to potentially finding a way to make things work. If they weren’t at all interested, they’d bounce immediately.
- Respect Rejection – Speaking of bouncing, if your match decides to move on after learning of your positive status, there is no need to continue trying to convince them. There is someone out there for you, and they aren’t the one.
What if My STD is Curable?
Curable STDs are still scary, so we understand and appreciate your concern about dating. However, the best option for you is to seek medical treatment and avoid dating until you are no longer contagious. If you are already speaking to an online match when you discover your curable status, you are under no obligation to reveal that information to non-sexual partners. However, if you are having sexual contact with someone, you should let them know what is going on.
As for STD dating apps, you don’t need to use them. Just wait until things are fully cleared and healed and continue on with the mainstream options you’re used to.
Dating Apps for Special Conditions
While there are STD dating apps that cover the full gamut of conditions, there are some that really dial in on specific conditions. Why? Well, certain STDs are far more prevalent and may have different implications when it comes to dating and the effect on your dating life. For example, there are a lot more singles with herpes than there are with HIV and the impact each has on your life is wildly different.
Below, you’ll find our list of dating apps for specific STDs.
An Encouraging Message for Positive Singles
Before you head on out there to find your special someone, we wanted to leave you with a bit of encouragement. If you’ve had your diagnosis for a long time, this might be a great refresher. If it’s new, this may be exactly what you need to hear.
Being STD positive does not define you or determine your worth as a person. Though being a positive single can make safe dating a little more involved, it doesn’t prevent you from finding love and happiness. It doesn’t even keep you from dating around, as long as you do so responsibly. The most important factor for any person, with any problems, and any past is how you handle yourself today. So, make the most of your love life with the help of these apps