Oregon (and really the entire Pacific Northwest) is really a beautiful place. The even better news is that this beautiful place is also filled with beautiful single men and women looking for someone just like you.
That being said, we have to be upfront—dating in Oregon is tough. Not only are there areas of the state that are quite spread out, but the different cultures from city to city can make it tough to know where to look to find quality singles.
Free dating sites in oregon
But just because geography and diversity are complicating things (sometimes in a good way), technology is here to help. Oregon dating apps have been helping singles statewide for decades to find the right type of relationship with ease. So, whether you live in Portland, Salem, Eugene, Bend, or somewhere in the nature-rich outskirts, there are Oregon dating app options ready to help.
The Top 6 Dating Apps in Oregon
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#2||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#3||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#6||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
Featured App Pick for Oregon – eHarmony
Picking out only one dating app to serve as the best of the best for singles in Oregon is tough. Singles in the state are known for having various relationship goals, likes, timelines, wants, and needs. Spoiler alert—that’s why we give you a list of options and not just one.
But if there was one option we could choose that we feel would be the best for the most people in Oregon, it would be eHarmony. With an eclectic userbase to match the diversity of Oregon and options within the big cities but also the suburbs, it’s easy to see why we like this option.
If committed dating is more your speed, this is the Oregon dating app for you.
Additional Resources for Oregon Singles
- What Makes These the Best Oregon Dating Apps?
- What is the Oregon single’s scene like?
- Portland Ranks 27th Best City for Singles in America
- Where in Oregon You’ll Find the Highest Interest in Online Dating
- Free Dating Sites in Oregon
- Oregon Dating Apps FAQ
What Makes These the Best Oregon Dating Apps?
The process of racking and stacking dating app options designed for Oregon singles is one we don’t take lightly. If you’re going to put yourself out there and invest your time, emotions, and money, you better be doing it somewhere that respects you by offering a top notch experience.
Here are four of the main reasons we chose these options as our leaders for you.
1. There are singles from the big cities and the small cities
This may sound like a no brainer, but it’s important. Dating in places like Portland or Salem is a bit easier (at least options wise). But if you live in the smaller and more rural parts of Oregon, you need options. These dating apps give you coast to coast options as well as the ability to search by mileage radius and not just by state. This also comes in handy when dating across state lines for our friends who live close to Idaho, Washington, Nevada, and northern California.
2. The apps give you the flexibility to date on the go.
When you read further on in this guide, you’ll see that parts of Oregon did really well in a study on the best cities in America for singles. Part of the reason these areas did so well was because of the number of natural amenities, parks, and general awesomeness outdoors. What this means is that it’s important that any dating app you use is able to keep up and doesn’t keep you handcuffed to being inside at a desktop computer. Every one of the Oregon dating apps and sites we recommend either comes with dedicated mobile apps or mobile-friendly sites that can be used from any device.
3. Oregon singles can feel safe and secure.
No matter what style of dating you do, there is going to be some risk. But that doesn’t mean you should take on any additional risk than you should! Online dating should be as safe (if not safer) than meeting random strangers in person. Because of this our team only picks Oregon dating apps that make safety a priority, have proper security enhancements, and proactively work to protect members from internal and external threats. That’s a mouthful but it’s an important one!
4. You’ll find dating apps with inclusive environments.
The motto of Portland is literally “Keep Portland weird.” Oregon is known as a state that is quite open and accepting of all walks of life. It would be silly to suggest dating apps that don’t follow suit. Expect to see open and inviting options on our list that will make everyone feel at home.
What is the Oregon single’s scene like?
Ahh, Oregon. If you’re new to the state or new to the state of being single, you may be wondering what to expect when you start dating. Or, you might be trying to get a read on the dating scene to see if you even want to get out there!
In the next few sections, we’re going to do our best to give you a 10,000 foot view of the Oregon dating scene. We’ll do our best to address the most important angles, but bear in mind that your personal experiences could be somewhat different (and that’s okay). This is meant merely as an overview and framework to get you started.
- Portland is a beast of its own. – If there is one area of Oregon that is wildly different than the rest of the state, it would be Portland. And when it comes to dating, this matters. People in Portland are known to greatly value where they (and you) stand on issues that are often polarizing. Expect to have more direct questions about your views on things (like climate, gender, politics, etc.), and expect that your answers may lock you in or be deal breakers.
- Over half of the population is unmarried. – 50% of women in the state of Oregon are unmarried and 48% of men are unmarried. This is slightly below the national average which does mean the potential for a few more prospects out there.
- It’s a lot of white people. – As of the last Census, over 72% of the population in the state identified as white or Caucasian. This is followed by Hispanic at 14%, mixed at 6%, Asian at 4%, and Black at 2%. When you’re talking about 4 million people, this is still a lot of people in each category. However, percentage wise, it’s a lot less diversity than you’d see in other parts of the country.
- Community plays a big role. – One of the things that is neat about a lot of the cities in Oregon (especially the bigger cities like Portland and Salem) is that you do have a lot of community events like festivals, concerts in the park, yoga meetups, etc. These are amazing places to find someone if the online options aren’t working for you (or if you want to take a two-pronged approach).
- MeetUp is not as fruitful as in other cities. – One of the top dating tips for singles we hear in a lot of cities is to use MeetUp to find people with similar interests to potentially date. However, for some reason, the reports we’ve seen are that it’s just not as good for this in Oregon. You’ll end up with a real uneven gender mix at a lot of events or a lot more people just looking for friends and nothing romantic. Purely anecdotal, but something to be considered.
- Many areas have a unified culture. – A lot of the stereotypes you see about areas do seem to be rather true. For example, we heard one single say that Portland is an amazing dating scene if you like craft beer, kayaking, and hiking. While it seems they were being funny, it does ring fairly true.
Population in Oregon by Gender
- 50.0% women in Oregon
- 50.0% men in Oregon
Overall Singles by Gender
- 50.8% of women in Oregon are single
- 48.2% of men in Oregon are single
Population in Oregon by Age
- 12.7% aged from 20-29 years old
- 14.4% aged from 30-39 years old
- 13.0% aged from 40-49 years old
- 12.1% aged from 50-59 years old
- 25.1% aged 60+ years old
% Households With Internet in OR
- 83.9% of households in Oregon have internet access
Portland Ranks 27th Best City for Singles in America
With over 15% of the state’s population living in Portland, it is probably no surprise that we’ve been talking about it quite a bit in this guide. And now we have another reason to mention it that should be promising to those of you looking to date online or date in person in the city.
Woot! If you live in Portland or any of the surrounding suburbs, you’ve got something to cheer about today. In a recent data study on the best cities for singles in the U.S., the city of Portland, OR came in 27th. While a higher top 10 or top 20 finish would have been better, the real gems are found in the details. The city was mediocre in the categories of dating amenities and dating cost. However, Portland scored that top 10 finish (10th) when it came to the quality of the dating pool in the city.
If you do live in Portland and want some more specifics about your city, make sure you check out the linked guide below.
Where in Oregon You’ll Find the Highest Interest in Online Dating
Yes, we are self-admitted data nerds, and we are unapologetic about it! We think that data does an incredible job of telling the story of everything under the sun, including dating. Recently, we wanted to see what areas of Oregon had the most interest in online dating. We utilized Google Trends data, as well as some other search statistics to find out where the most interest was amongst Oregon singles.
And the winner over the past 12 months and the past 5 years—Eugene, OR. The close second place goes to Portland, with the Medford-Klamath Falls area pulling in the last podium spot. This doesn’t mean you can’t and won’t have luck finding love anywhere else in the state, but these areas are just the hot spots. Keep in mind, as well, that the data focuses on the major metropolitan areas, which means it includes all the smaller suburbs around these cities.
- Eugene, OR – (100)
- Portland, OR – (97)
- Medford-Klamath Falls, OR (73)
Free Dating Sites in Oregon
While we’re not advocates for completely free dating sites (they’re filled with hot garbage and rarely have filters to keep you safe and enjoying a high quality experience), we are advocates for Oregon dating sites offering free trials. Why? This allows you to test everything out and see who’s signed up in your area BEFORE you have to decide on upgrading to a premium membership. We know these Oregon dating sites are awesome, but each has a different experience. It’s imperative that you are able to find the right fit for you before you get fully into the process.
- Elite Singles Free Trial
- eHarmony Free Trial
- SilverSingles Free Trial
- JDate Free Trial
- Christian Mingle Free Trial
Oregon Dating Apps FAQ
What’s the best dating app in Oregon?
Our selection for the best dating app in Oregon is eHarmony because it offers an inviting environment and looks deeply at a person’s uniqueness when helping to select matches. If you’re looking for a committed relationship, this is the right choice for you.
Is dating in Oregon hard?
As is the case in most states, dating can be challenging. In Oregon, some of the additional challenges you may face include things like geographic proximity (if you live in the rural areas), many people with hard stances on hot-button issues, and the weather putting a damper on things into the winter.
Is online dating in Oregon safe?
While literally anything you do in life is going to carry some element of risk, online dating in Oregon may actually be a lot safer than in-person dating because of your ability to use technology to vet matches and verify claims. Still, this only rings true if you choose an Oregon dating app that is reputable, takes safety seriously, and invest the right number of resources in proactive protecting.