“Where do you go to Church?” If you’ve ever dated in Mississippi, the chances are really high you’ve probably heard this question at least a time or two. And understandably so as Mississippi ranked as the number one most religious state in the country in a recent study.
Free dating sites in mississippi
But whether you’re part of the 77% who say their highly religious or not, we all have one thing in common—we have the desire to date, connect, and meet someone special. And Mississippi dating apps are here to help us cut through the confusion and the noise to meet our person in this state of nearly 3 million people.
If you’re ready, we want to start by showing you the top dating apps in Mississippi and follow up with a ton of great resources to help you master the single’s scene and find that special someone.
The Top Dating Apps in Mississippi
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#1||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#3||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#5||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
|#6||The League||Free Trial|
Why Higher Bond Wins for Mississippi Singles
In a state where 82% of people say they believe in God with absolute certainty, it makes sense that the number one dating app would be a faith focused one. For us, that’s Higher Bond. Higher Bond is a dating app built for singles who value faith as the driving force behind their relationship decisions. With a faith-focused matching questionnaire, batch-style matching, and guided first messages, it’s really the new leader in Christian dating that you have to check out.
An Alternate Option to Consider
While a large percentage of the population of Mississippi is religious, that doesn’t mean everyone is. A great option for people that fall into that group (and for people who are religious who want another option is eHarmony. It’s funny that a lot of people think eHarmony is a religious site, but that’s only because it has a lot of religious members as well as those who aren’t.
In fact, it’s almost like a little cross section of Mississippi! If you’re looking for a real relationship and lasting connections, this is probably the best Mississippi dating app for you.
Additional Resources for Mississippi Singles
- 3 Reasons We Like These Mississippi Dating Apps
- What the Mississippi Dating Scene is Like
- Areas of Mississippi With the Most Interest in Online Dating
- Mississippi Dating App FAQ
3 Reasons We Like These Mississippi Dating Apps
Why these apps and not one of the other thousands of options? Great question. The full list of reasons is about as long as the Mississippi River (which is 2,340 miles in case you’re curious). So instead of sharing that, we wanted to share three of the biggest reasons we think these are truly the best Mississippi dating apps and site options.
1. Safety and Security a Proactive Priority
While the days of leaving your doors unlocked in the south may be gone, we still like to believe that Mississippi keeps that safe feeling we’re all so used to. And for us, we think that should absolutely continue over into the dating realm. The dating apps we’ve recommended are proactive about security, dedicate the right amount of resources to keep you safe, and…well…actually care.
2. An Abundance of Faith-Focused Options
We already touched on the fact that faith is important to a large majority of the singles in Mississippi. For that reason, we included a lot of religious dating apps in our list (Higher Bond, Jdate, and Christian Mingle). And for those who aren’t religious, we included a few other options that will work great for you (eHarmony, Elite Singles, Zoosk, and The League).
3. Singles from all over the state (and close by)
While we listed this last, it’s probably the most important aspect of what makes a Mississippi dating app legit. We want to see a ton of singles from all areas of the state including the bigger cities as well as the smaller and more rural suburbs (and the backwoods). Additionally, we want dating apps that let you search by proximity so you’re not just stuck with the singles in your town. This also helps if you live close to the border of another state (Tennessee, Alabama, Louisiana, and Arkansas).
What the Mississippi Dating Scene is Like
Step one of dating in Mississippi is finding the right dating app or dating site. Since we’ve checked that box already, we can move onto step two. Step two is getting an idea of what the lay of the land looks like. What is dating in the state really like? What can you expect? Below, you’ll find some of the common trends singles are reporting from the Mississippi dating scene.
- Expect a lot of people to ask you where you go to Church. – As we mentioned, Mississippi is about as religious as a state can get. There’s a running joke that the first question someone always asks is where you go to church. And while it is a joke, it’s also pretty dang close to the truth.
- Tight social circles can play to your advantage. – As a state in the south, social circles and family is big. What we’ve found is that social circles in the state are smaller and tight knit. This can have an effect on dating as it’s a bit harder to get someone to recommend a friend for you to date. It also may be a bit risky if you’re in a tight knit and small group to date someone because if it doesn’t work out, it could get awkward.
- Community calendars can give you some unique ideas. – While there are a few big cities in MS, even those feel like the small towns that make up most of the state. If you’re looking for unique events to meet singles or you’re looking for fun first dates, community calendars (you can find these online at Churches and news stations) are going to be super helpful.
- People tend to favor relationships (which means a lot of people may be taken). – Below, we’ve included some data on the single’s scene in the state. You may notice that the number of unmarried men and women is much higher in the state than it is in the US. This is true, but don’t let it fool you into thinking that means everyone isn’t in a relationship. People in Mississippi love to get into relationships, so expect to have to navigate that.
- Age distribution of singles is pretty good. – When you look at the number of people and singles in each age bracket in Mississippi, it’s pretty well spread out with most falling within the 12%-13% bracket. This just means that certain age groups aren’t going to have much of an advantage or disadvantage over others.
- Transplants are welcome. – If you cruise enough internet forums, you’ll see that a lot of people moving to Mississippi (especially from places like California) were worried they wouldn’t be accepted. Thankfully, every report we’ve seen is that people are welcomed with open arms as long as you’re not snobby or insulting of your new state.
- There are fewer young people in the state. – Over the past few years, the percentage of people aged 20-29 in the state dropped by a few percentage points. This, of course, means fewer options for singles in that age bracket. Where did we see the gain? We saw it in the 60+ category, which means a positive of more options for those looking to get into senior dating.
Mississippi Singles Dating Statistics
Population in Mississippi by Gender
- 51.3% women in Mississippi
- 48.7% men in Mississippi
Overall Singles by Gender (Unmarried)
- 54.7% of women in Mississippi are single
- 50.2% of men in Mississippi are single
Population in Mississippi by Age
- The median age in MS is 38.6 (almost equal with the National average)
- 12.7% aged from 20-29 years old
- 12.8% aged from 30-39 years old
- 12.3% aged from 40-49 years old
- 12.1% aged from 50-59 years old
- 23.6% aged 60+ years old
% Households With Internet in MS
- 68% of households in Mississippi have internet access
Areas of Mississippi With the Most Interest in Online Dating
Since we’re covering the dating market as a whole, we didn’t want to stop short by just recommending some great dating apps and calling it a day. We wanted to dig a little deeper and share some data that certainly will help you have a better understanding of the market.
We decided to take a look at which cities in Mississippi had the most interest in online dating. The best way to find this information out is to look at recent search engine traffic statistics. Our team looked for the cities and metropolitan areas in the state with the highest levels of search traffic for terms relating to online dating.
What’s really interesting is that in most states in the U.S., the trends for the past 12 months usually match the trends over the past 5 years. Not in Mississippi! Over the past 12 months, the city with the most interest in online dating was Jackson, MS. However, if you look further out at the trends over the past five years, that title went to the Columbus-Tupelo-West Point area. Now, that area only has 50% of the traffic we see from Jackson—a huge leapfrog.
Here are the current leaders in interest in the state over the past 12 months (the more current data).
- Jackson MS – (100)
- Columbus-Tupelo-West Point – (50)
- Memphis TN – (13)
Mississippi Dating Apps FAQ
What is the best dating app in Mississippi?
The best dating app in Mississippi is Higher Bond because it perfectly caters to the religious nature of most of the state. For singles who aren’t faith focused, eHarmony is a great option for those wanting a serious relationship as well. And if you’re just looking for casual (which is a bit more rare in Mississippi), Zoosk is the best option.
Can I meet people online in Mississippi?
Yes, you can absolutely meet people online in Mississippi. Over the past two decades, the interest among singles in the state has continued a steady trajectory upward. What’s interesting is the most interest over the past 5 years was in the Columbus-Tupelo area, but in the past 12 months that shifted to the Jackson area.
Is online dating in Mississippi safe?
Yes, online dating is as safe or safer than dating in person in Mississippi. There are still risks and dangers to be aware of, but it is no different than meeting strangers at a bar or going out with people you don’t know very well. The best Mississippi dating apps are the ones that prioritize security and member’s well being.