Whether you yell “Boomer Sooner,” or say, “Howdy,” chances are you’re coming here from the great state of Oklahoma (my mom says I have a keen sense of the obvious). And the chances are also high that you’re here for one of two reasons—either you’re considering getting back out there into the Oklahoma dating scene and don’t know where to go, or you’ve been at it for a while and you’re not getting the results you deserve.
Free dating site oklahoma
Either case, you’re where you should be. Today, my team and I are going to do three things. One—we’re going to show you the best Oklahoma dating apps you should be using. Two—we’re going to give you some resources to set you up for success. And three—we’re going to give you some insight into what it’s like to date in Oklahoma.
Top Dating Apps in Oklahoma
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#2||Where We Met||Free Trial|
|#3||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#4||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#6||The League||Free Trial|
Why eHarmony is the #1 Oklahoma Dating App
In a state where a lot of people get married young, there’s a big temptation to feel like you’re behind the curve no matter what age you are. And, just for the record, we think that your unique happiness story can happen at any age, so please don’t get discouraged.
That being said, it’s clear that a lot of Oklahoma singles are serious about finding someone to settle down with. And this seems to be true whether you live in a big city like Oklahoma City, or if you’re out in the more rural parts of the state.
So, now that we’ve painted a nice picture—what does this mean for the best Oklahoma dating app? It means eHarmony.
100% laser-focused on helping people make lasting connections, form real relationships, and in a lot of situations—fall in love, eHarmony is an OKC Thunder slam dunk (okay, maybe that reference was a stretch) for what you’re looking for.
Just as a disclaimer—if you aren’t looking for a serious relationship and want something more casual, this is never going to be the right app option for you.
Additional Resources for Oklahoma Singles
- Why We’re Fans of These Oklahoma Dating Apps
- What’s It Like Dating in Oklahoma?
- Where is Online Dating Most Popular in the State?
- Oklahoma Dating Apps FAQ
Why We’re Fans of These Oklahoma Dating Apps
You may be wondering how we reached our conclusions for this rankings list. The entire process is a bit of an arduous one that involves a lot of testing, retesting, research, and actually getting our hands dirty with these apps—and we’re okay with that. Here are a few of the most important factors we considered.
✔️ An online experience that doesn’t require a computer degree.
Just because we’re a flyover state doesn’t mean we’re not at least a little tech savvy. But even so, why would we want to use a dating app that required a steep learning curve just to get things done? All of the Oklahoma dating apps here understand UX (user experience), and know how to make things easy and enjoyable on you.
✔️ Safety first! Seriously, though.
While Oklahoma ranks the 4th safest state for cyber crimes (yay!), that doesn’t mean we should let our guard down. That means that any Oklahoma dating app we recommend needs to understand our claim to cybersecurity fame and deliver the resources and processes we need to keep us safe.
✔️ Options to meet singles in and out of the state.
Obviously, a great Oklahoma dating app has lots of single men and single women within the state lines. But what happens if you’re someone who lives close to the border? Oklahoma borders an impressive six different states (Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Texas, and New Mexico). When we select app options, we want ones that not only have in-state options, but also give you access to people who live close but across state lines.
What’s It Like Dating in Oklahoma?
Now that you’re ready and equipped with the app of your choice, it’s time for us to talk about the dating scene in Oklahoma. Experiences will vary, but here are a few trends we’ve noticed throughout the state when it comes to singles and dating.
- Nightlife spots tend to age-separate themselves here quite a bit. – In some states, certain bars will have people of all ages. In Oklahoma, there tends to be this trend that certain age brackets almost “claim” a bar as their own. So, if you’re looking to meet someone in their 30s and you see a bunch of 20-somethings walking into a bar, that’s probably not going to be the right place for you.
- People in Oklahoma don’t have the need for lavish first dates. – In some states and cities, singles have this weird sense of entitlement where they think every first date should be at Ruth Chris steakhouse or something like that. In Oklahoma, people are much more down to earth (for the most part). Simple dates like coffee, a drink, or even a walk in Scissortail Park in OKC are more than enough.
- Ethnic diversity isn’t that prominent. – You probably just have to look around to notice this one, but we wanted to point it out, especially for people who might be new transplants to the city. 63% of the population is White and only 12% is Hispanic and 7% Black. We’re not saying this is good or bad by any means; we’re just letting you know that the single’s scene in Oklahoma is not as diverse as it is in other places.
- Faith matters to a large number of people. – In a recent data study, it was found that Oklahoma is the 8th most religious state in the nation with over 71% of people saying they believe in God with absolute certainty. As you might imagine, this is going to permeate into the dating culture quite a bit. Expect about 2/3 of the people you go out with to as you about where you stand in your faith (at least at some point, maybe not on the first few dates).
Two Oklahoma Cities Make List of Top Cities for Singles in America
While much of the 68,596.5 square miles of Oklahoma are farm country and rural middle-America, there are a few bigger cities throughout the mix. Since these are quite population dense and a lot of you may be from these areas, we wanted to dig into the single’s scene there a little bit more.
The team at Healthy Framework recently completed a detailed data study on which cities in the U.S. were best for single men and women. The study looked at the 100 most populous cities in the country across 36 different data points and thousands of data sets. The results were the cities most suited for single Americans and the cities where things might be a bit tougher.
Two cities from Oklahoma made the list with a great showing and an average showing. The great showing goes to Tulsa coming in 26th. A big contributor to the strong finish was the very low cost of dating. The average showing goes to Oklahoma City coming in at 57th. The city also did well with cost of dating but struggled hard in the dating amenities category. Still, it’s great to make the list and show off some Oklahoma pride!
- 26th – Tulsa
- 57th – Oklahoma City
If you live in one of these cities, why not check out our dating guides that are dedicated to each specifically. You’ll find quite a bit of helpful information specific to each area.
Oklahoma Singles – Dating Statistics
The last thing we want to touch on in this section are some general statistics about the single’s population in the state of Oklahoma. We’ll look at things like total population, gender breakdown, age breakdown, and just how many people in the state have yet to tie the knot. Spoiler—contrary to popular belief that everyone in Oklahoma gets married right out of high school, only about half of the state is married.
Population in Oklahoma by Gender
- 50.2% female
- 49.8% male
Overall Singles (Unmarried) by Gender
- 50.2% of women are single
- 48.3% of men are single
Population in Oklahoma by Age
- 13.5% aged from 20-29 years old
- 13.7% aged from 30-39 years old
- 12.0% aged from 40-49 years old
- 11.6% aged from 50-59 years old
- 22.5% aged 60+ years old
% Households With Internet in OK
- 75.8% of households in Oklahoma have internet access
Where is Online Dating Most Popular in the State?
A great way to get a good pulse on the popularity of online dating in a state is to look at the internet search traffic for the topic. Areas where people are searching more for online dating typically correlate with areas where there’s a higher interest level in digital dating. In the state of Oklahoma, the area with the highest interest level of interest in online dating is Tulsa. Surprisingly, Tulsa beat out OKC by about 15% more search traffic over the past 12 months. If you look out five years, the data stays the same. Tulsa is the hot spot for online dating with the state of Oklahoma.
- Tulsa OK – (100)
- Oklahoma City OK – (85)
- Ft. Smith-Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers AR – (6)
Oklahoma Dating Apps FAQ
Is dating in Oklahoma really hard?
The difficulty of dating in Oklahoma really depends on where you live and what you’re looking for. If you live in one of the major cities (like Tulsa or OKC), you won’t have a shortage of options, but you may run into a lot of people looking for more casual dating (and even some tourists). If you live in the more rural areas, the number of options available may make your dating life a little harder, but the people tend to be more forward about what they want.
What’s the best dating app in Oklahoma?
Because of the marriage-first feelings of a lot of the state (not everyone), eHarmony is the best dating app in Oklahoma. It’s direct approach fits well with what the majority of the state is looking for. And even though it’s not a religious dating app, it has a lot of religious singles, which is great for a state like Oklahoma which ranks 8th most religious in the nation.
Is online dating in Oklahoma safe?
Online dating in Oklahoma is quite safe as long as you’re doing your part. Thankfully, Oklahoma ranks 4th safest state for cybercrimes, which means residents are doing the right things to make things safe. Couple this with dating apps that take safety seriously, and you have a winning combination.