If you’re in the south and you’re looking for the best Georgia dating apps to help you find love fast, you’ve found the motherload. GA online dating apps make it easy to find singles, go on actual dates, and communicate on the go with the crushes you meet. Whether you’re looking for a southern gentleman or a Georgia peach, you’ll find what you’re looking for at one of these highly trusted options.
Free dating site in georgia
And if you’re here with us today, we’re going to guess that you’re either brand new to dating in the state or it’s been a while since you’ve gotten out on the scene. No matter where you fall, we’ve included some additional resources to help you on your search. So, whether you live in “Hotlanta”, somewhere rural, or one of the other major cities in the state—you’re going to like what we have to share today.
We’ll start by talking dating app recommendations and then we’ll dive into what you need to know about the Georgia dating scene.
The Top Dating Apps in Georgia
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#2||Where We Met||Free Trial|
|#4||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#5||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#6||The League||Free Trial|
Why eHarmony is the Top Georgia Dating App
For Georgia singles looking for a real relationship, it can feel challenging. If you live in a big city like Atlanta, it can feel hard to slow down such a fast-paced city. If you live in the rural areas or small towns, knowing how to connect with people you know have to be there somewhere is tough.
This is where a dating app like eHarmony shines. Through their patented matchmaking technology, the app is able to connect you to likeminded singles in your area who you’re more likely to connect with on a deeper level. With millions (literally) of success stories, it’s no wonder this option always rises to the top in so many areas, especially the state of Georgia.
Why Zoosk is Great for Singles in Georgia
As you can see, Zoosk proudly holds one of the top spots for best Georgia dating apps and here’s why. First, a lot of areas of Georgia are quite rural, which means any dating site without a lot of members is going to be a waste. With over 35 million singles, Zoosk is great for the big cities like Atlanta, Columbus, and Augusta, but it’s also awesome for the smaller cities.
On top of that, Zoosk is easy to use, is extremely affordable, and is ideal for people looking for serious relationships, casual dating, and everything in between. If you live in Georgia and are considering online dating, at least give Zoosk a check.
Additional Resources for Georgia Singles
- What Makes These the Best Georgia Dating Apps?
- What Dating in Georgia is Really Like
- What Cities in Georgia is Online Dating the Most Popular?
- Dating in Georgia FAQ
What Makes These the Best Georgia Dating Apps?
We’re confident that these are the very best online dating apps for singles in Georgia. Why? Glad you asked.
Singles In Cities of All Sizes
For starters, these apps have plenty of quality singles living all across the state. While you will see a higher concentration of singles in cities like Atlanta, there are plenty of people that live in the outskirts and smaller singles looking to meet someone special. Whether you’re in St. Simons or Valdosta in the south, or Dalton on up to the northern plateau, you’ll be pleased with the options you have at your fingertips.
An Understanding of Georgia Culture
Yes, every one of these dating apps serves singles in all 50 states (a site only for Georgia singles would be too small to thrive and would be a waste of your time). But we chose these options in particular because they clearly have an understanding of Georgian culture and cater to the things that are important to singles in the south.
What sort of things? This includes things like a stronger focus on real relationships (not hookups), some (not all) options catered towards faith-focused singles (Georgia ranks the 8th most religious state in the nation), and options with sufficient mobile apps so you can stay connected on the lake, in the mountains, in a tree stand, at the club, or wherever you spend your time outside of the house.
While our first two reasons for these being the best Georgia dating apps deal with things within the state’s borders, there are some perks to apps that give you the ability to reach across state lines. Georgia borders five different states—Alabama, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
If you live somewhere in the north and there’s someone amazing in Chattanooga, would you want to meet them? Or if you live in Augusta and there is someone awesome just to the east across state lines—would you still date them? Or for those in the south that live just north of Tallahassee or Jacksonville—would you want to know about someone perfect for you living there?
We’d hope that your Georgia pride still allows you to answer yes to these questions! This is why the dating apps we recommend use distance/radius searches instead of state and city selectors. In other words, you set how many miles you want to see matches from instead of selecting ‘Georgia’ or ‘Valdosta’ or something like that. This basically erases the state lines and the algorithm will look however many miles you selected in each direction.
What Dating in Georgia is Really Like
Georgia is one of the most interesting states in the nation in the sense that it’s far from homogenous. In other words, Atlanta is going to be wildly different than Columbus which is going to be wildly different than Buckhead. And you know what? That’s awesome! It means that no matter what types of singles you’re looking for or what style and speed you like to date, it will be accommodated.
But what is dating in Georgia really like besides different in different cities? Let’s get into it. Here are a few of the things you might see when getting back out on the single scene in Georgia.
- Expect southern tendencies when you get outside of the major cities. – Depending on what city you’re in, you’ll quickly remember that you’re still in the south. This means people who may still believe in traditional gender roles, chivalry, and a lot of yes ma’ams. We’re not here to argue the merits of these things one way or another, but merely just to let you know what to expect.
- Family matters. – Coupled with the previous point, southern people have a strong sense of family. And this is also something that you’ll find in people in the bigger cities whose families live locally. Expect their family to be part of the dating process as things get a bit more serious.
- The nightlife scene in Atlanta is huge. – If you still like to meet singles at bars and nightclubs, you’ll have plenty of options for this in Atlanta. In fact, the nightlife scene is pretty fire for clubs, bars, restaurants, and lounges. This is also going to be the case in a lot of the college towns like Athens, Carrollton, Decatur, Marietta, and more.
- Sports and rivalries are a thing…a BIG thing. – If you’re over the age of about 35, this is probably not going to be as big of a deal. However, if you’re in the young professional bracket or even the college-age, expect their to be some rivalry talk when it comes to sports. The Georgia Bulldogs have a pretty big handle on the college scene, but some Tech fans and out-of-state Bama and Gator fans might argue with that point. When it comes to professional sports, it’s all about the Falcons and the Hawks. But with so many people migrating into the city (especially Atlanta), expect them to bring their favorite sports teams with them. This can be just a fun point of conversation and friction when dating, but for some people—it could mean much more.
- Cultural and historical dates can be a hit. – Georgia is a state that has a ton of cultural amenities (museums, historical sites, etc.). These can make for amazing first dates (or dates later on). Take advantage of these opportunities!
- Consider the weather when planning dates. – There is something about the Georgia heat and humidity that is indescribable and not in a good way. If you’re looking to date in Georgia during the hotter months, plan your dates (and the time of your dates) accordingly. It’s a lot easier to meet someone and fall in love when you’re in the air conditioning and not constantly wiping sweat off your forehead.
- There is a strong military presence. – If you live somewhere like Columbus, Valdosta, Augusta, or any of the other cities around the 13 military bases in the state of Georgia, expect to see a lot of camouflage on the dating apps. Soldiers have to date too, so just be aware you’ll see quite a few in these cities.
Atlanta Ranks 4th Best City for Singles in the U.S.
This Georgia dating guide wouldn’t be complete without talking a little bit about the biggest city in the state. As mentioned, Hotlanta didn’t earn its nickname by being a crummy city for singles and beautiful people. In a recent Healthy Framework study, the research team looked at the 100 largest cities in the country and compared them across 36 different data points. The goal? To find the best and worst cities in the country for singles. Atlanta, doing best in the dating amenities and quality of the dating pool categories, came in at an impressive 4th place.
Dating Guides for Specific Georgia Cities
We already mentioned that dating in Georgia is going to be wildly different based on where you live and where you’re looking. For that reason, it seemed fitting to create some more specific dating guides for some of the larger cities in the state. Below, you’ll find a regularly growing list of our city guides and list of the best dating apps in Georgia by city.
Georgia Singles and Dating Site Statistics
The last thing we want to share about the Georgia dating scene are some statistics from the latest Census that pertain to the singles population. While these won’t have a very granular effect on you, they’re nice to understand for the bigger picture themes of what you’re about to jump into.
Population in Georgia by Gender
- 51.2% women in Georgia
- 48.8% men in Georgia
Overall Singles (Unmarried) by Gender
- 53.5% of women in Georgia are single
- 49.8% of men in Georgia are single
Population in Georgia by Age
- The median age in the state is 37.5 (just slightly under the National average).
- 13.5% aged from 20-29 years old
- 13.6% aged from 30-39 years old
- 13.0% aged from 40-49 years old
- 12.9% aged from 50-59 years old
- 20.8% aged 60+ years old
% Households With Internet in GA
- 79.0% of households in Georgia have internet access
What Cities in Georgia is Online Dating the Most Popular?
One of our favorite ways to better understand what the singles scene in a particular state looks like is through data (if that isn’t already pretty dang clear). And one of our favorite data sets to look at is recent search engine traffic. Cities with higher levels of search traffic around online dating are areas where it’s the most popular. And while this doesn’t mean the rest of the state would be out of luck, it’s pretty exciting if you happen to live in one of these hot-bed areas.
According to the most recent results, the city in Georgia with the highest level of search traffic for online dating terms is Augusta. For those of you that are shocked it wasn’t Atlanta, so were we. Atlanta came in at an extremely close second place with only 1% less search traffic. We’ve included the full list of hot spots below.
- Augusta GA – (100)
- Atlanta GA – (99)
- Macon GA – (90)
- Savannah GA – (74)
- Columbus GA – (54)
- Tallahassee FL-Thomasville GA – (38)
- Chattanooga TN – (30)
- Jacksonville FL – (11)
- Albany GA
- Dothan AL
Dating in Georgia FAQ
What is the best dating site in Georgia?
The number one dating site in Georgia is eHarmony (followed closely by Zoosk) because it has the most options in the most cities coupled with one of the most affordable premium plans on the market.
What is the most popular dating app in Atlanta?
For swipe/hookup dating, Tinder is the most popular app in Atlanta. For casual or serious dating, the most popular app is Zoosk.
Is dating in Georgia safe?
Yes, dating in Georgia is completely safe, so long as you stick to reputable online dating applications and do your part. Your part includes things like meeting in public places, listening to your gut, and not giving away personally identifiable information too early.
Is there Christian online dating in Georgia?
Yes, there are several Christian dating sites in Georgia. The largest currently is Christian Mingle and the newest is Higher Bond.
Are there more men or women in Georgia?
A popular question singles ask is whether there are more women or men in the state. Based on the most recent Census data, there are slightly more women than men in the state (52.8% to 49.1%).