In a state with almost 6 million people, dating should be easy, right? Well, if you hail from Colorado, the fact you’re here with us today means you already know that’s easier said than done.
We didn’t just come to bask in the bad news, though. Colorado actually ranks 4th for the state with the most interest in online dating! What that means is that just because you’re living in some of the most beautiful outdoors doesn’t mean that you can’t leverage technology to find someone special.
Free dating site colorado
In this guide, we’re going to start (immediately) by talking about the best Colorado dating apps. From there, we’ll break down what the Colorado dating scene is really like, and share some data and resources as to what you can expect when you start your hike down the trail of online dating.
The Best Dating Apps in Colorado
|Free Trial Link
Why Zoosk is #1 in Colorado
From our experience and research, we learned quite a bit about the dating scene in Colorado. One thing that stood out was there was a pretty high number of singles who wanted real relationships, but there was also a pretty high number of singles who wanted to keep it casual.
Generally, we don’t recommend dating apps that try and serve both of these purposes at once. That is, unless it’s a unique state like Colorado where relationship goals are quite polarized. Luckily, there is a dating app that does this masterfully. Our pick for the best Colorado dating app is Zoosk.
You’ll find over 30 million singles looking for both serious and casual dating. What’s great, though, is you’ll have access to filters to only see singles with similar relationship goals as you. This means you can customize Zoosk to find singles who are the age you want, into the same things as you, and are looking for the same thing as you.
If you use the link below, you can start looking for singles in your area for free.
Additional Resources for Colorado Singles
- 4 Reasons These Are the Best Colorado Dating Apps
- What is Dating in Colorado Like?
- Colorado Cities With the Most Interest in Online Dating
- How Safe is Online Dating in Colorado?
- Colorado Dating Apps FAQ
4 Reasons These are the Best Colorado Dating Apps
Great question! We want to take a minute and share with you just why we think these online dating apps are so perfect for singles living in Colorado. And no, this is not the complete list of our ranking and testing criteria, but just a sample of some of the factors most applicable to the state.
1. Photo-Friendly App Options
We don’t have to tell you that Colorado is beautiful with 4 incredible National Parks, 42 state parks, 26 historic landmarks—yea, you get the idea. What does this have to do with dating? Well, if you’ve looked at any dating profiles from other Colorado singles you’ll see that they have some of the greatest online dating photos in the country. We think it’s important that any platform claiming to service singles in CO should give you ample space to showoff your best photos of yourself enjoying the Centennial State. This means the ability to upload several high-resolution photos to help you meet that special someone.
2. Mobile Compatibility
People in Colorado tend to love the outdoors. We’re not going to start back on our list of the amazing amenities the state offers, but we do want you to remember that. Why? Well, do you really want to only be able to message your online matches when you’re at home on your desktop computer? Heck no! The best Colorado dating apps give you the ability to connect, search, message, and flirt from anywhere you have a phone connection through iOS apps, Android apps, and/or mobile-friendly websites. We can’t promise you’ll get phone service in all 104,185 square miles of the state, but when you do—you’ll have access to love.
3. State-Wide Options
If you live in Denver or Colorado Springs, companies usually remember you. But if you live in any of the other 270 municipalities (towns and cities) in the state, companies tend to forget you and focus just on the capital. While we understand why they do this, we don’t think it’s right when it comes to awarding the title of the best dating app in Colorado. The options we’ve recommended have singles from all across the state and methods for you to search by city or by distance (mileage). So even if you live out in the middle of nowhere Colorado (where it’s most beautiful), you can still use technology to help you find love.
4. Proximity Searching
The way that dating apps let you filter your matches is extremely important. One are we see a lot of deviation in methodology is with distance searching (how close your matches are). Some apps and sites have you put in your city or state and only show you matches that fit that. While that’s great, it doesn’t help if you live close to the border!
For example, if you live in Fort Collins and the perfect guy or gal lives up in Cheyenne, you’d want to meet them! When dating apps let you set a distance or proximity setting for matches, it covers you here. Additionally, with parts of the state being so spread out, you may want to cast your proverbial net wider or a little more close to home.
What is Dating in Colorado Like?
Alright, so we’ve given you a ton of information on Colorado dating apps. Now we need to talk a bit about dating. More specifically, we want to talk about the dating scene statewide. The more you know about what to expect, the better you can prepare, and the better results you can have.
Here are some of the most important takeaways about dating in Colorado you should probably know.
- People love to drink. – If the breweries and craft beer popularity weren’t enough to tell you that singles in the state like to drink, here’s some data to back that up. Colorado ranks 7th worst state in the country for adult binge drinking. Hooray, right? Not so much. While we think the extreme form of enjoying your alcohol is never good, there is also a healthier group of singles who like to have a few on the dating trail. Expect to see a lot of people who want to do dates involving grabbing a drink, and yes, expect to run into a few lushes.
- The casual daters are forward…like really forward. – This dating trend is purely anecdotal, but we have heard it A LOT. A lot of singles (predominantly women) say that a large percentage of the men they talk to turn the conversation sexual fast…like within the first few minutes. Guys, if you’re looking to have some luck and stand out, keep it PG. Ladies, just be prepared to hit the block button if that’s not what you’re looking for.
- Expect to meet A LOT of entrepreneurs. – Everywhere you go in Colorado, you’re going to run into singles who are starting their own business, make some sort of Esty thingamajigger, or are ready to be the next big thing. While we commend people taking their shot, some people have a tendency to use it as a laziness crutch. We’d advise to judge this on a case by case basis, but expect to hear it a lot.
- The dating scene is pretty unique and serves a lot of interest bases…but… – Colorado has one of the most eclectic dating scenes in the country thanks to it’s rich cultural amenities, flourishing music scene, innovative tech hub (in Denver), and extensive indoor and outdoor amenities. The state is known to attract singles from all walks of life. Now, that being said…it attracts a lot of transient people who come and enjoy what the city has to offer for 6 months to a year or two and then end up heading back home. This can be annoying if you meet someone special who isn’t planning on sticking around.
- Faith plays a smaller role on the scene than in other states. – The religious dating scene in Colorado is not as good as it is in many other states as the state ranks 41st most religious state in the nation putting it in the bottom 10. Depending on your faith, this is either a con or a moot point.
- Nature helps to make for some inexpensive dating options. – While dating in some of the major cities in Colorado can be quite expensive, singles looking to save have an immense amount of options when it comes to planning outdoors dates in nature. And yes, people here actually like to do things outdoors and don’t just put “hiking” on their dating profiles because it sounds good.
Where Colorado Cities Rank as Best or Worst Cities for Singles
Ever have anyone tell you dating in Colorado is hard? Or maybe you’ve heard friends tell you about their success stories and how “easy it is”? So, which is it? How does Colorado match up when it comes to dating and online dating.
Well, we wanted to get to the bottom of that. Recently, our team conducted a study on what the best cities for singles in the US are. The study looked at 36 different data points in 3 categories for the top 100 most populous cities in the country.
How did Colorado do? Well, of the three cities that made the list, the results were—okay? None of the cities cracked the top 25, but they also didn’t crack the bottom 25. Denver came out with the strongest showing, followed by Colorado Springs, and then Aurora. And while population size wasn’t a ranking factor at all in the study, the cities still came in order from most populous to least populous. Most likely this has to do with dating amenities and costs being a significant driver in the rankings.
Here are those final rankings:
- 28th – Denver
- 53rd – Colorado Springs
- 60th – Aurora
If you are from Denver and looking to date, make sure you check out our list of the best dating apps in Denver. Not only will you get great recommendations, but we’ll also break down some more in-depth information about what it’s like to date in the city.
Colorado Singles Dating Statistics
Knowing is half the battle, right? Well, we heard that on a commercial once and it sounds correct. When it comes to dating in Colorado, knowing who is out there and what the scene looks like is certainly at least half the battle. Below, we’ve included a collection of some data on the Colorado singles scene.
Population in Colorado by Gender
- 49.4% women
- 50.6% of men
Overall Singles (Unmarried) by Gender
- 48.5% of women in Colorado are single
- 48.6% of men in Colorado are single
Population in Colorado by Age
- 14.0% aged from 20-29 years old
- 15.6% aged from 30-39 years old
- 13.1% aged from 40-49 years old
- 11.9% aged from 50-59 years old
- 21.5% aged 60+
% Households with Internet in CO
- 85.7% of households in Colorado have internet access
What Cities in Colorado Have the Most Interest in Online Dating?
Have you ever wondered what parts of Colorado are the most interested in online dating and meeting people on the web? Well, we were too. Our team dug into the search volume data from Google Trends to see which cities and metropolitan areas in Colorado have the highest traffic levels for online dating topics. Here are the results from the past 12 months.
- Denver CO – (100)
- Colorado Springs-Pueblo – (90)
The win here is no surprise going to the Denver area. This is probably heavily skewed by the high population of the area, but none the less, it’s the winner. Coming in as a close second with nearly 90% of the traffic seen in Denver is the Colorado Springs-Pueblo area of the state. All other cities and municipalities within the state were quite low and didn’t register on the trends data. This doesn’t mean they’re still not good areas to find someone online; it’s just less popular than it is in the bigger city areas of Colorado.
How Safe is Online Dating in Colorado?
Ready for some great news? Okay, we’re being facetious. It’s not that great. In a recent data study our team conducted, Colorado ranked the 8th most dangerous state for online dating and romance scams. Yea, not great. Just last year, singles in the state lost over $24 million (and that’s just what was reported).
Here’s the criteria our data team looked at during the process:
According to our findings, your odds of falling for a romance scam in the state are at least 1 in 13,000.
Okay, now some good news. Most of these scams are highly preventable if you take some time to educate yourself about staying safe. This includes things like not sending money to strangers, verifying that people are real (with video calls and meeting in person), and, oh, did we mention never sending money to anyone no matter what their sob story is?
If you do all of that, online dating in Colorado can be safe. Also, while this does seem like a high ranking, it still may be much safer than meeting someone in person where you have no ways of vetting them prior to being in close proximity of them.
Don’t let this discourage you. Just be aware that it’s out there and you need to do your part to stay safe. The Colorado dating apps we recommended do their part as well, but it’s a joint effort between you and them.
Colorado Dating Apps FAQ
What is the best dating app in Colorado?
The best dating app in Colorado is Zoosk as it provides options for both casual and serious dating and some pretty great filters to help you stick to the lane you’re interested in. Singles in Colorado looking for serious only could use Zoosk or may have more luck on a site dedicated to this style of dating like eHarmony.
Is online dating popular in Colorado?
Yes, online dating is quite popular and widely accepted in the state of Colorado. The city with the most interest in online dating in the state is not surprisingly Denver.
Is online dating legal in Colorado?
Yes, online dating is perfectly legal in the state of Colorado. The one caveat is that you aren’t using online dating to conduct any illegal activities which most people are not.
What are the best places to meet singles in the state of Colorado?
Much like any other state, your options for meeting singles in Colorado include bars, nightclubs, meetup groups, at work, and through friends and families. Unique to the state, though, you have a lot more groups that go hiking and do outdoorsy type activities, so if that’s your cup of tea, you’ve got a lot of options. For us, though, Colorado dating sites will always be the best way to find exactly what you’re looking for in the most efficient and effective way possible.