The state of Florida is a unique place for online dating—heck, it’s a unique state altogether. When you can drive 10 minutes and be at the beach, drive another 10 minutes and be in the middle of the country, and drive 10 minutes more and be in a happening big city, it counts as unique. And with so many major cities like Tallahassee, Tampa, Sarasota, Miami, Orlando, West Palm Beach, and Jacksonville, you’re bound to find tons of Florida singles from all walks of life.
Whether you’re in a small beach town, a country getaway, under the lights of the big city, or living that Latino lifestyle, the best Florida dating sites can help you meet that special someone. In this guide, we’re going to walk you through all your dating app options, take a look at what the FL single scene looks like, and give you the resources you need to find what you’re looking for.
Dating sites in florida
So, grab your beach chair, and let’s get you plugged into the Florida singles scene right now with some of the best Florida dating sites currently available.
The Best Dating Sites in Florida
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#2||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#3||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
|#5||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
What Makes These the Best Florida Dating Sites?
The best online dating sites in Florida are the ones that get you connected quickly with singles in your area with similar interests. In other words, the FL dating sites that get the job done are the ones you’re going to want to use. But what makes a great dating app successful? What features does the site need to have to help you find your one in a million? Whether you’re looking for casual dating, a serious relationship, or to find someone to eventually marry, those features are the same.
Technology to Support Your Search for Florida Singles
Each of the sites we’ve recommended is chalked full of helpful features to aid in your search. First, each site has in-depth searching capabilities where you can put in the parameters of what you’re looking for. Looking for a man in Florida in his 30s within 25 miles of where you live who likes dogs? You can search for that. Looking for a woman in here late 30’s or early 40s with blonde hair who loves the beach? You can search for that too. No matter what you’re looking for in a Florida single, you can find it easier through online dating apps.
These sites also have quality mobile apps that help you to date on the go. Florida is a state where staying inside isn’t that fun (unless the humidity is kicking). Why force yourself to have to stay inside to find that special someone? With the mobile apps that come with these Florida dating sites, you’ll be able to search for singles, send flirts, respond to messages, and make that connection from anywhere you are with your phone.
Tons of People From All the Major Cities
Singles are ready to meet you from all across the state. Florida online dating is lively in the southern cities of Miami, West Palm Beach, Ft Myers, and all across the FL Keys; but also in the northern FL cities of Pensacola, Jacksonville, St Augustine, Gainesville, and Ocala. And don’t forget the heart of the state of FL in Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota, and Titusville.
Florida is a moderately populated state that’s easy to get around, so your best option is to search widely to find the best online matches. Just because the perfect man or woman lives in Tampa and you live in Clermont or Orlando doesn’t mean that you can’t make it work. Sure, I-4 is one of the worst roads on the planet (we feel your pain commuters), but we think you’d probably be willing to brave it to get to know the one.
Key Takeaways of Dating in Florida
- Tampa Bay ranked 14th best city for singles in the USA.
- Orlando ranked 22nd and Miami 24th in the same study (details below).
- The three biggest areas where we see dating popular in Florida are with college students, seniors, and young professionals.
- Gainesville has the highest online search traffic for online dating topics over the past 12 months. Miami came in 2nd and Orlando 3rd (details below).
What Does the Single Scene in Florida Look Like?
When it comes to Florida singles and the dating scene, it’s actually quite active in four main areas:
- College students looking for casual dating or serious relationships (UF, FSU, UCF, USF, FIU, FAU, UM, FGCU—just to name a few)
- Young professionals looking for serious relationships or marriage (more action in this demographic around the major cities)
- Seniors looking for someone special to spend time with (Areas like the Villages, Sarasota, and many of the other small towns are the most active)
- Young adults looking for casual dating (This is evident in most single communities around the entire state)
What cities are the strongest for singles? Recently, our team conducted a study on the 100 largest cities in America to see where things shook out. For Florida, five cities made rankings with two cities in the top 20, two more in the top 30, and the lowest city scoring 42nd.
- Tampa – 14th best city for singles
- St. Pete – 15th best city for singles
- Orlando – 22nd best city for singles
- Miami – 24th best city for singles
- Jacksonville – 42nd best city for singles
Want to learn a bit more about the Florida singles world? Keep reading as we’ve included a lot of recent data below about the population.
What Cities in Florida are the Most Interested in Online Dating?
Want to know which cities in the state of Florida are the most interested in online dating? We did! Our team looked at Google Trends and search data over the past 12 months to see which cities in the state had the most search traffic for online dating topics. The winner? Gainesville. The city with the second most online dating search traffic was Miami with about 71% of the traffic seen in Gainesville. Orlando and Tampa came in 3rd and 4th with just barely lower amounts of traffic.
Why Gainesville? It probably has a lot to do with the University of Florida being there. You do see all of the cities coming in the top five also with major colleges in the area.
What’s interesting is that when you look at data over the past 5 years (instead of just the past 12 months), West Palm Beach was in third place, but has since dropped down to seventh.
- Gainesville FL – (100)
- Miami-Ft. Lauderdale FL – (71)
- Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbourne FL – (69)
- Tampa-St. Petersburg (Sarasota) FL – (68)
- Jacksonville FL – (62)
- Tallahassee FL-Thomasville GA – (60)
- West Palm Beach-Ft. Pierce FL – (59)
- Ft. Myers-Naples FL – (50)
- Mobile AL-Pensacola (Ft. Walton Beach) FL – (34)
- Panama City FL
Singles in Specific Florida Cities
If you’re interested in Florida singles in particular cities (and how to find them), we totally get that! To help, we’ve included a few helpful guides for several of the major areas in the state. You’ll find Florida singles data by city, specific dating apps that might be stronger in each area, as well as tips and resources to help your search for love or fun in these areas.
- Best Dating Sites in Jacksonville
- Best Dating Sites in Miami
- Best Dating Sites in Orlando
- Best Dating Sites in Sarasota
- Best Dating Sites in Tallahassee
- Best Dating Sites in Tampa
Florida Singles and Dating Site Statistics
Key Takeaways About the FL Stats
- There are 425,958 more women in the state of Florida than there are men
- The largest age block in the state are those 60 and up (27%)
- There are more single women (unmarried) in FL than there are single men
Population in Florida by Gender
- 51% women in Florida
- 49% men in Florida
Overall Singles by Gender
- 54% of women in Florida are single
- 50% of men in Florida are single
Population in Florida by Age
- 13% aged from 20-29 years old
- 13% aged from 30-39 years old
- 12% aged from 40-49 years old
- 13% aged from 50-59 years old
- 27% aged 60+ years old
% Households With Internet in FL
- 80.8% of households in Florida have internet access
FL Dating Apps – Do These Sites Work From Mobile?
Not only can you use these dating sites on your computer, but they all work from your phone, tablet, iPad, or mobile device. And what’s really neat is that some work as dedicated dating apps (that you download) and some work as mobile-responsive websites, which require no download whatsoever.
What does that mean for you? It just means that no matter if you have an iOS device, Android, Google phone, or Windows phone—you’ll be able to meet Florida singles from anywhere at any time.
Free Dating Sites in Florida
So, are you ready to start meeting singles in Florida on the very best online dating sites and apps? Look no further than the suggestions we have provided at the top of this guide. And what’s really great is that all of these suggestions come with a free trial to a basic membership account through the links provided. Click the links now to begin finding your unique match through the best online dating communities in Florida.