Dating sites in arkansas
Did you know that Arkansas is the only state in the U.S. that produces diamonds? If you’re looking to get into online dating to find someone to marry, this might be a nice perk. Here’s the good news. Whether you’re looking to find someone to marry, someone to date, or just new friends, the best Arkansas online dating apps are ready to help you do just that. Technology makes this the easiest way to connect with other singles from around the state (or surrounding states if you want).
If you’re considering letting tech help you improve your love life, stay tuned. We’re going to show you the list of the best dating apps in Arkansas, talk about which cities have the most interest in online dating, and give you some other great stats and resources about the singles scene.
No corner of the state is left unspoken for, including places like Little Rock, Fayetteville, Fort Smith, and more!
The Top Dating Apps in Arkansas
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#1||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#3||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#4||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
Why We Love These Arkansas Dating Apps
Arkansas Singles and Access to Neighbors
Some dating apps only allow you to search for singles by selecting the city or state that you live in. This is great if you live somewhere like New York City or Los Angeles, but it’s not so great in a state like Arkansas where people are much more spread out (only 57.9 people per square mile. The best dating sites for Arkansas singles allow you to search by proximity and a mileage range. Unless you wouldn’t date someone from a neighboring state who still lived close, these are welcomed features.
Singles From All Walks of Life
Depending on where you live in Arkansas, you probably have wildly diverse interests, needs, and wants. If a dating app only has one type of singles (like a really niche site), that’s only going to do you some good if it’s exactly what you’re into. For us, that’s not a good fit for the singles of AR. We like to choose (and have chosen) apps and sites that have an eclectic group of singles from all walks of life.
Some Additional Focus on Religious Dating Sites
While we know that not all of you here are looking for a Christian dating app, Arkansas is ranked as the 5th most religious state in the country. In fact, 77% of the people in the state say they believe in God with absolute certainty. For that reason, you’ll see that we included several Christian and religious dating options on our listings.
- If you’re looking for serious Christian dating, check out Higher Bond.
- If you’re looking for casual Christian dating, check out Christian Mingle.
- If you’re a Jewish single, check out Jdate.
- If you’re a Catholic single, Higher Bond has a high percentage of Catholic singles on the platform.
And yes, all of these recommended sites come with free trials you can get from the chart at the top of the guide.
User Friendly Technology
When we see a state like Arkansas that has a fairly low percentage of the population with access to the internet from home, it tells us one thing—most of you aren’t glued to technology like some other areas of the country. And with an impressive 52 state parks in the state (that is also often called The Natural State), we understand why.
But just because you might not be a complete tech expert doesn’t mean you shouldn’t get to reap the rewards of online dating in Arkansas. For that reason, we looked for dating sites and dating apps in the state that put a lot more time, effort, and resources into creating an experience that is easy to figure out without a steep learning curve. That way, whether you’re a tech wizard or it’s just not your thing, you can still enjoy online dating in Arkansas.
Things to Know About Dating in Arkansas
- Little Rock, AK continues to show the most interest in online dating. The Ft. Smith area (and surrounding towns) came in second place in the study (details below).
- Women rule in the state with a population breakdown of 51% female to 49% male.
- Singles living on the edge of the state tend to have luck finding other singles within neighboring states (the recommended online dating apps let you search by mileage).
- The percentage of women unmarried in the state of Arkansas dropped over the past few years from 51% to 49.6%.
Cities Where Online Dating is Most Popular in Arkansas
Are you living in an online dating hotspot? The chances are high that you just might be. And while you can find love online anywhere in the Land of Opportunity State, there are some areas with a little more action. Our research team broke down the data on search trends over the past 12 months within the state. We looked for cities that had the highest levels of interest in online dating topics. Here are our results:
- Little Rock-Pine Bluff AR – (100)
- Ft. Smith-Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers AR – (60)
- Memphis TN – (32)
- Springfield MO – (19)
- Shreveport LA – (16)
- Jonesboro AR
- Monroe LA-El Dorado AR
Little Rock walked away with the crown! Second place went to the Ft. Smith and Fayetteville areas. You’ll notice that some of the other cities on the list are actually in other states. Why? The study was done by major metropolitan areas. Some of these cities are included in surrounding towns, which means they still get to make the list.
Arkansas Singles Dating Statistics
Mastering the dating scene in Arkansas may seem like a tall task. But one thing that can help you get a leg up is knowing the lay of the land a bit more. Below, we’ve included some basic information on the singles scene within the state. Here are also a few takeaways from the data:
- The gender breakdown of singles in Arkansas is close to equal with the number of women being slightly higher (54,851 more women than men in the state).
- While the population in the state is only a little over 3 million, the singles pool is actually considerably larger if you include the fact you have access to people in the neighboring states of Missouri, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi, Texas, and Oklahoma. Most Arkansas dating apps and websites allow you to search by proximity and not just by city or state, which makes for a great experience when you’re okay dating across state borders.
- The percentage of singles in the state with access to the internet is a lot lower than you might see in other states. While this used to have a pretty profound effect on the online dating scene, the accessibility of dating apps in Arkansas from your phone or phone browser negate this. We wouldn’t expect it to have much of a profound effect on the single’s scene.
Population in Arkansas by Gender
- 50.9% women
- 49.1% of men
Overall Singles by Gender
- 49.6% of women in Arkansas are single
- 46.4% of men in Arkansas are single
Population in Arkansas by Age
- Median age is 38.3 years old
- 13.4% aged from 20-29 years old
- 12.6% aged from 30-39 years old
- 12.1% aged from 40-49 years old
- 12.6% aged from 50-59 years old
- 23.2% aged 60+
% Households with Internet in AR
- 69.8% of households in Arkansas have internet access
Get Started with a Free Trial Now
If you’re on the fence about giving online dating in Arkansas a try, that’s okay. Here’s the good news. You’re not alone. And here’s the other piece of good news. You can try online dating absolutely free. Yes, you’ll eventually want to upgrade to a paid account when you find an app you love, but before that—try things for free!
If that sounds awesome and Arkans-tastic (okay, that’s not a real word), then head back to the top of this guide and select the site or sites you’re interested in. Each is linked to a free trial to get you started right now.
Arkansas Dating FAQ
Is dating in Arkansas hard?
Finding someone special in Arkansas can be a bit of a challenge if you’re living outside of one of the big cities because of sheer logistics. That being said, online dating is quite popular in the state, which creates a lot of great opportunities to meet someone special. As per finding places to go on dates, the state has a ton of options, especially if you like the outdoors. Arkansas is home to over 600,000 acres of lakes, 9,700 miles of streams, and 50 state parks.
What’s the best dating site in Arkansas?
The three best dating sites in Arkansas as of now are eHarmony, Elite Singles, and Higher Bond.
Can I meet singles from other states if I live close to the border in Arkansas?
Yes! Arkansas is bordered by an impressive six other states—Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Tennessee. The top Arkansas dating apps let you search locations by distance instead of just the name of the city or state you live in. This gives you the freedom to meet single men and women from “across the border.”