Your sweet home in Alabama could probably be that much sweeter if you had someone special to share it with. But the fact that you’re here with us today probably means that you already know that. And it also means that you might be having a few troubles finding what you’re looking for. Alabama has that laid back charm, but it’s also got some bustling cities, rolling hills to the north, and the beautiful coast to the south. It’s truly a special state to meet someone special and fall in love. But how do you go about finding the Alabama singles you’ve been searching for?
Dating sites in alabama
The answer is by leveraging technology. The best Alabama dating sites are busting at the seams with single men and single women looking for all kinds of relationships. Whether you’re looking for casual dating, someone to marry, or anything in between, these Alabama dating sites are 100% where you need to be.
In this guide, we’ll outline the best options for dating in Alabama and share our picks for the best Alabama dating sites (and apps) to get you into the action right now. With that said, let’s roll tide and get into it!
The Best Dating Sites in Alabama
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#1||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#3||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#4||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
What Makes These the Best Alabama Dating Sites?
When you live in the south, your life tends to revolve around trust, family, and neighborly love. When you need help or a recommendation, you often turn to your neighbors that you’ve known for years. As we’d like to think of ourselves as digital neighbors, we want to be able to be a resource to the singles of Alabama to give you the data and recommendations that give you the best opportunity to find love.
That all being said, we’re probably new neighbors to you, so we wanted to share a little about how we picked these options as the best dating sites in Alabama. While the entire process is exhaustive, here are a few key highlights that make these options the cream of the crop.
Singles From All Over the State
When it comes to the quality of a dating site, especially one targeting your geographic reason, the biggest thing you need to see is quality singles from your area. And because not all of you are from the same cities, that means singles from all over the state and cities big in small. Whether you live in Birmingham, Mobile, Huntsville, Tuscaloosa, Montgomery—or any city in the state, you’re going to find quality single women and men in your area through these dating apps.
Helpful Technology to Find Alabama Singles
These dating sites don’t just have the best people, but they also come with the best technology to help you find those people. Success in online dating in Alabama is all about being able to connect with who is best for you and who is looking for the same things as you. These apps and sites have great search features, algorithms to help, customer support to have your back, and unique matching methods to make those connections that much easier.
An Emphasis on Religious Options
While we think it’s important that dating sites are available for all walks of life, there are certain types of options that tend to lend themselves more to certain areas. With Alabama being in the heart of the Bible belt and ranking the number one most religious state in the nation on several recent studies, it’s no wonder we included several options that service that particular niche.
According to data, 82% of people in Alabama say that they believe in God with absolute certainty and 73% say that they pray daily. Additionally, over half of the people polled in the recent study (51%), say that they pray daily. For this reason, you’ll see we included several religious dating sites like Higher Bond, Christian Mingle, and Jdate. Technically, eHarmony is not a religious dating site but it was founded by an Evangelical Christian in the 2000s and has a lot of religious undertones throughout the messaging.
Is Online Dating in Alabama Hard?
There are a million questions one could ask about online dating in Alabama, but there are three that are the most important.
- Does online dating in Alabama work?
- Is dating online in the state hard?
- What are the best Alabama dating sites and apps?
We’ve already taken care of answering number three, but now we want to work backwards and address the first two questions. The short answer is that whether or not it works and how hard it is depends on several factors. Here are the things you need to know:
- People in the more rural areas of the state will need to expand their search area. – The most rural parts of Alabama tend to have a lower percentage of access to the internet, as well as lower percentages of people who sign up for online dating. It doesn’t mean that no one does, it just means that the size of the dating pool is smaller. To combat this, singles in these areas should set their search parameters to a higher range, particularly one that encompasses at least one larger city.
- Swipe/casual apps are popular, but quality is low. – We’ve seen reports, especially in areas like Huntsville, that the use of swipe-dating apps for casual dating is relatively popular. However, in the same breath, these reports shared that the quality of the users isn’t really the best. If you’re looking for any semblance of a real relationship in Alabama, you’ll want to steer clear of these swipe-style apps.
Key Takeaways for Alabama Singles
Now that we’ve talked about some of the best ways to meet singles in the state, we want to share some information about the Alabama single’s scene. First, we’ll share some key takeaways about what you can expect. Next, we’ll talk about where online dating is most popular in the state and the demographic makeup of the single men and women in the state. And lastly, we’ll talk about how to get started dating or dating online the right way.
But first, here are the key takeaways for singles in Alabama looking to better understand the scene.
- Dating in Alabama can be tough because many people in the area marry young (high school sweethearts, people from Church, etc.). Additionally many transplants that move to the area come already with a significant other or with kids from a past relationship (not necessarily a bad thing).
- Montgomery, AL showed the highest search interest for online dating sites over the past 12 months. You can still have success in other areas, but this was the proverbial “hot spot” for the city.
- The gender breakdown in the state is 52% women and 48% men. This means there are 161,718 more women than men in the state.
- Only 73.3% of households in the state have regular internet access. As online dating is now accessible by phone, though, this is less of an issue for the prevalence of dating online in Alabama.
- Outdoor dates in the state are quite popular among active singles including things like hiking, disc golf, walks, stand-up paddle boarding, and picnics.
Alabama Singles and Dating Site Statistics
What kinds of singles can you expect on these Alabama dating sites? We’ll, while the sites don’t release exact numbers and data often, we’ve found historically that it tends to match the makeup of the state demographics. Here’s a look at some of the single’s statistics for the state of Alabama as of the most recent Census.
- 96.6 people per square mile
- Median age is 39.2
Population in Alabama by Gender
- 52% women in Alabama
- 48% men in Alabama
Overall Singles by Gender
- 51.6% of women in Alabama are single
- 48% of men in Alabama are single
- This refers to those who are not married
Population in Alabama by Age
- 13.8% aged from 20-29 years old
- 13.3% aged from 30-39 years old
- 12.4% aged from 40-49 years old
- 13.1% aged from 50-59 years old
- 22.3% aged 60+ years old
% Households With Internet in AL
- 73.3% of households in Alabama have internet access
Additional Stats and Facts
- 87.1% of people in the state are high school grads or higher
- 26.4% of people in AL have a Bachelor’s degree or higher
Montgomery Tops the List of Cities Interested in Online Dating
Recently, our team dug into search traffic data for the state of Alabama in an effort to find which city had the most interest in online dating. By studying different search volumes, we found that the metropolitan area on top was the Montgomery area. Nearly tied for second place was the Huntsville area and the Birmingham area, each with just under 75% of the traffic we see in Montgomery. Here’s the full list of the top areas.
Keep in mind that just because your city didn’t make the list or isn’t right at the top, doesn’t mean you can’t find someone special. These are just the areas where Alabama singles are searching more for online dating apps. It doesn’t take into account people who directly went to a dating app, AND it only takes one special person to turn your life upside down (in a good way). So if you’re someone looking to get into dating in Mobile, Alabama or Dothan or one of the smaller cities not on the list, you’re still in luck.
- Montgomery (Selma) AL – (100)
- Huntsville-Decatur (Florence) AL – (74)
- Birmingham AL – (73)
- Columbus GA – (56)
- Mobile AL-Pensacola (Ft. Walton Beach) FL – (30)
- Dothan AL
- Meridian MS
Free Dating Sites in Alabama
Are there free dating sites in Alabama? Yes. However, you are going to eventually want to pay to upgrade to a paid dating account if you really care about the quality of your results. The free sites sound great in theory, but the quality is just not there—not to mention a lack of resources the site can use to keep you safe. But those two points don’t mean you should have to shell out a ton of money to find love or that you shouldn’t be able to check things out for free.
At the top of this page, you’ll see that every site we’ve recommended comes with a link to a free trial for you to check it out. While that doesn’t mean these are 100% free Alabama dating sites, it’s a great way to save some money and make sure you’re investing in an app or site that is genuinely a good fit for you.