Dating in North Carolina can be tough, but the fact you’re here with us today probably means you already know that! But never fear, we’re not here with just doom and gloom today; we’ve come with some hope. Thanks to the best dating sites in North Carolina, finding love, friends, marriage, or casual dating is easier than ever!
Dating site in north carolina
In this guide, our team breaks down several key resources for people looking to connect with North Carolina Singles. We’ll talk the best dating apps in NC, data on the singles scene, and link you to some additional resources that can help to turbocharge your search for love in the Tar Heel state.
The Best Dating Sites in North Carolina
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#2||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#3||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#5||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
|#6||The League||Free Trial|
Why We Like These Dating Apps
The process of slicing and dicing the thousands of options out there in the online dating realm is an intense one—but it’s one we love. So, just how did we determine that these truly were the best of the best when it comes to dating apps in North Carolina?
Well, the full list of reasons is pretty extensive and one we’d need a lot more space to get through. Instead of trying to give you an exhaustive list, we decided it would be best to share a few of the top reasons we chose these as the best options.
Let’s look at those now!
- An impressive number of quality North Carolina singles from all around the state. This includes the major cities like Charlotte, Raleigh, and Greensboro, but also the smaller more rural areas like Concord, High Point, Fayetteville, etc.
- Singles from the four states that border North Carolina (South Carolina, Georgia, Virginia, and Tennessee). This is important for people who live close to the border in a state that is only 150 miles wide.
- An easy-to-use way to use the app or website on the go. In a state that borders the beach and has 41 beautiful state parks, you’re going to want to be able to keep up with your online dating life without being stuck inside with a desktop computer.
- The fun factor! – Okay, that might sound cheesy but it’s an important one. Yes, dating is an important and serious matter, but it’s also one that should be fun! The best North Carolina dating apps and sites understand this and have the right mix of keeping it real and keeping it real fun.
Additional Information In This Article:
- Where is Online Dating Most Popular in North Carolina?
- North Carolina Singles Dating Statistics and Trends
- What NC Cities Make List of Best Cities for Singles
- Free Dating Sites in North Carolina
Where is Online Dating Most Popular in North Carolina?
What a fun question, right? Ever wonder which cities in your state have the most interest in online dating? Heck, if it’s a city you live in or close by, that could mean an ever better shot at meeting that special lady or fella’ online.
The answer to the question lies in Google search traffic volumes. By looking at the major metro areas where online dating topics are searched the most, we can see which areas have the most interest.
The top 3 winners taking home a podium finish are Wilmington, Raleigh-Durham, and Greensboro-High Point-Winston Salem!
Here’s the full breakdown of the results:
- Wilmington NC – (100)
- Greensboro-High Point-Winston Salem NC – (71)
- Raleigh-Durham (Fayetteville) – (NC 68)
- Greenville-New Bern-Washington – (NC 52)
- Charlotte NC – (52)
- Florence-Myrtle Beach – (SC 9)
- Greenville-Spartanburg SC-Asheville NC-Anderson SC – (8)
- Norfolk-Portsmouth-Newport News VA – (2)
Why are their South Carolina cities on the list? Remember, the data is pulled by major metropolitan areas. Sometimes, parts of one city are connected in with a major metro that is technically in another state. We just wanted to point that out for full clarity.
North Carolina Singles Dating Statistics and Trends
The first step in finding love is knowing where to meet people. So far, we’ve shared some great options for dating sites in North Carolina to get you headed in the right direction.
But what waits out there for you? What’s the dating scene in North Carolina really like? Is there any data or important trends to know about that could help give you some insight and an advantage? To answer these questions, we want to share some great information about the scene in the state.
- There are slightly more females than males in the state of North Carolina (51% vs. 49%). Additionally, more women than men in the state are unmarried. If you’re someone interested in women, this is a small but sizeable advantage.
- Singles interested in dating someone in the military will be excited to hear that there are eight military bases in the state with Fort Bragg (just outside of Fayetteville) being the largest by far.
- The number of people over the age of 60 increased from 16% in recent years to 23% of the population recently. This means that anyone interested in senior dating sites or dating people seasoned in life will have A LOT more options.
- While this is purely anecdotal (but we believe it to be spot on), beach life is a pretty big trend along the coast, but it breaks into two groups. You have your Salt-life, surf-loving, living in flip-flops singles, and you have your upscale, loafers, sport coats, and big hat singles. Nothing wrong with either of these groups, but if you live by the beach and are looking to date, you may have to figure out which culture you click best with.
- North Carolina is the 10th most religious state in the country where 73% of the people in the state say they believe in God with absolute certainty. As you can imagine, this is going to have a pretty big impact on your dating life. This is a spot where online dating sites can really help you to ensure you’re talking with singles who share the same faith as you do (if that’s important). As a large percentage of that group is Christianity, Christian dating sites play a big role in North Carolina.
- Even if singles aren’t part of the religious majority, expect to see a lot of people who believe in southern hospitality and chivalry. This is less so in the major cities like Charlotte, but anywhere rural or smaller towns—stereotypical south does exist. We’re not saying this is a good or a bad thing, just something to be aware of.
Population in North Carolina by Gender
- 51% women in North Carolina
- 49% men in North Carolina
Overall Singles by Gender
- 50.1% of women in North Carolina are single
- 47.6% of men in North Carolina are single
Population in North Carolina by Age
- 13% aged from 20-29 years old
- 13% aged from 30-39 years old
- 13% aged from 40-49 years old
- 13% aged from 50-59 years old
- 23% aged 60+ years old
% Households With Internet in NC
- 78.3% of households in North Carolina have internet access
5 Cities in NC Make the List of Best Cities for Singles
It’s impressive when one city in your state makes the list of the best cities for singles in a recent data study. But five? That’s beyond impressive. We almost need two hands to count them all! Here are the five cities that made the list and where they finished in the overall rankings. Feel free to click the above link to get more in-depth details about the results.
- 10th – Raleigh
- 25th – Greensboro
- 34th – Winston-Salem
- 38th – Charlotte
- 65th – Durham
The study did take into account the interest in online dating as one of the 36 different data points analyzed, which is why we feel this is certainly more relevant than just a “what city is best for singles” study that fails to include the shift towards online dating in a lot of communities in the US and more specifically in North Carolina.
Getting Started With Free Dating Sites in North Carolina
Want to take things out for a test drive before you commit? We totally get that! And thankfully, the best North Carolina dating sites get it too. Each of the options we’ve recommended comes with some form of a free trial—some more robust and some more limited than others. For most of them, you’ll be able to set up your profile, upload pictures, and really get a feel for how it all works. Some may even let you start searching singles and possibly even respond to messages!
To get started, head back to the top of this guide and select one (or more) of the options you want to try. It’ll take just a few minutes to get set up and check things out for yourself!
Modern-day technology has a major influence on the dating scene. Dating websites and apps have completely revolutionized the way we meet potential mates. No longer are the days of having to find the right place and have the social mastery to find a partner.
Unfortunately, the pandemic had sidelined traditional dating for quite some time. Thankfully, as vaccinations continue to rise and cases continue to drop, people feel more confident about going out back into the world and trying to enjoy normalcy once again. With all of these people coming back onto the dating scene, there hasn’t been a better time to jump in.
The difficult part of entering the new and improved online dating world is picking the right site or app to spend your time on. There are so many options out there, and each one has its dominant qualities to consider. But, of course, not all of them will offer ALL the best options to cater to your specific needs.
Luckily for you, we have created an in-depth guide for the best dating sites and apps in North Carolina. This guide is for the Tar Heel state as a whole and focuses more on the suburban areas outside of the major cities. We also have city-specific guides that you can find in the links below.
There are a ton of singles using dating apps in North Carolina
With a population of over ten million people, North Carolina seems like the perfect state to jumpstart your dating life. It is and it isn’t. With 28.61% of NC residents being single, that’s a little lower than most other states. However, the good news is that there are at least 1.5 single men and women in the state, with women outnumbering men by about 85,000. That’s good news. The even better news? Most of these single women may be on one of the apps below:
The 5 Best Dating Sites in North Carolina Right Now
#1 – eHarmony (Android, iOS) is the top-recommended site for finding long-term relationships in North Carolina
eHarmony is is the absolute best dating app if you’re looking for a long-term relationship. With North Carolina’s booming single population, eHarmony is hands down the best option to find a loving partner online. Over half of all marriages that start online are thanks to eHarmony.
eHarmony offers an easy-to-use app and a comprehensive website that makes searching for a partner seamless. In addition, it uses comprehensive questionnaires to match you with the best possible partner. This process has a very successful track record in North Carolina.
Why eHarmony is one of the best dating sites in North Carolina
- Easily the best track record for those looking for relationships
- Three-fourths of users find their long-term partner within a year of use
- Video dating is available to break the ice and meet before making an in-person commitment
What we don’t like about it
- Not as popular for people under the age of 25
- Setting up the profile is a bit lengthy
#2 – Hinge (Android, iOS) is the go-to app for finding a partner
Hinge has been gaining popularity for some time now. It is a great way to connect with someone without taking too much time in the process. Unlike other apps, you can message someone without matching with them first. This can be beneficial for someone who has exceptional social skills and can create an opportunity for themselves by reaching out.
Hinge is similar to most of the other apps in the sense that you create a short profile with pictures, and you are on your way. Because anyone can message you, there is the opportunity to look over their profile before matching.
Why Hinge is the best app to make connections
- You can see who likes and comments on your profile before matching
- Anti-ghosting features
- Popular among younger people 18-28
What we don’t like about it
- You only get ten likes a day
- Fewer users overall than some other popular apps
AFF has been connecting people seeking a more casual fun for several years now. It takes the monotony of the dating game out of the equation, letting you get directly to the action. It is so popular, that it is now the preferred site for finding new partners that aren’t looking for any kind of commitment.
Just because the main focus of AFF is to find casual fun doesn’t mean that the relationship that develops can’t go deeper than that. There are plenty of meaningful relationships that begin through the initial connection found on AFF, and there’s plenty of fun to be had if that’s what you’re looking for too.
Why AFF is worth your time
- Really popular right now
- The best option for guys who aren’t super handsome
- You can join for free and the paid membership is not expensive
What we don’t like about it
- Needs to update the design
- How to sign up on the website
You Can Try AFF Free!
If you’re just looking for a fling or more short-term fun you need to try out AFF’s free trial. We’ve spent months and months testing out the alternatives (more than 100 other sites) and haven’t found anything that gives most guys more options and better results. Give it a shot!
#4 – Bumble (Android, iOS) is great for meeting someone new
Bumble is almost identical to its main competitor, Tinder. However, on Bumble, the women are the only ones who can initiate a conversation. As a guy on Bumble, you can like anyone you want, but even after you match, the woman has to start the conversation, and if they decide not to in 24 hours, then that connection is lost.
Bumble is very popular, so there are so many connections to be had. With women steering the boat, it really cuts down on the number of connections that end in one party ghosting the other.
Why Bumble is great
- It is quick and easy to set up an account
- One of the better apps for finding intimate connections
- There are just about as many female users as male users registered
What we don’t like about it
- If you are a woman and not comfortable starting the conversation, it is not a good option
- There are only 24 hours to decide if you want to start a conversation after connecting
#5 – Zoosk (Android, iOS) is another great option for finding a serious relationship
Zoosk has been around for a long time. There is a web version as well as an app that both offer a very user-friendly format. With the web version, you can scroll through lists of profiles as you please. On the app, you can choose to use a list view or carousel view, which is more like the other popular dating apps where you swipe through profiles one at a time.
Zoosk uses an algorithm to suggest potential mates. There is a smart picks area on the site that is generated by the algorithm, and users also receive emails and notifications with potential matches. Users have reported the suggestions to be very helpful for finding someone you can actually connect with.
Why we suggest trying Zoosk
- A very helpful and accurate algorithm does the work for you
- You can go back to profiles you passed by already
- Easy and free to create a profile
What we don’t like about it
- It is only free for 7 days
- There are a lot of ads during the free trial period
The Best Hookup Sites in North Carolina
When you are looking for a quick hookup instead of a serious relationship, you need to know where to go. Some sites are geared toward relationships, and you will not have fun getting turned down left and right just because you are looking for a hookup. Here are two of the best North Carolina hookup sites.
AFF is hands down number one for a casual hookup
With its massive member base and proven track record, AFF is, without question, the first place to look when you’re looking for a quick hookup. With millions of users in the US (thousands in North Carolina), there’s no way you won’t find your perfect hookup here. And yes, that includes whatever preferences you may have in the bedroom!
OkCupid isn’t just for serious daters
OkCupid used to be one of the top relationship apps, but it’s now becoming a popular hookup app. With lots of singles looking for something fun and casual on OkCupid, there’s no way you won’t find someone from here who’s into the same things you are.
The Best Dating Sites in North Carolina for Relationships
With North Carolina’s booming single population, there is no surprise that many relationships are created on dating sites. However, some sites are better than others when it comes to finding meaningful long-term relationships.
Nothing beats eHarmony at matching up singles
All that swiping gets old. Sometimes you just want a little technological help to bring The One closer to you. That’s what eHarmony excels at. With an advanced algorithm that matches you up with someone you’ll very likely be into, eHarmony makes serious dating a lot easier.
Coffee Meets Bagel is for those who want to take things slow
eHarmony gives you a handful of matches a day, but Coffee Meets Bagel only gives you about 5 matches every day at noon. This may not seem like much, but it helps you get to know your potential matches even better. It might not be everyone’s cup of… coffee (heh), but it’s perfect if you want to take your time selecting your ideal date.
The Best Free Dating Sites in North Carolina
Just about every dating site is free to start. So, is it really worth paying for these sites at all if you can get on there for free? In most cases, the answer to that question is yes. However, without having a paid membership, you will have very limited features in most cases, and you never know; those limitations could keep you from finding the person you are looking for.
A paid subscription to any dating site will open up more opportunities and offer more features to improve your experience. For example, without paying for Zoosk, you can not send messages after the 7-day trial period. So it is worth the investment to be able to reach more people.
That said, if you are not looking to invest in your dating life, you can still use these sites and still potentially find a partner. In our experience, there were a few sites that still offered users some value in the free version. Bumble, Tinder, and Hinge seemed to have the best free experience. So, if you can drop the money, we highly recommend it but if that is not in the cards for you right now, give those apps a try first.