If you’re looking for a dating site for long distance relationships, we’re here to help.
We know it can be tough to find the right person when you’re living far away from them. But with [site name], you can connect with potential matches who live nearby or who are also in a long distance relationship. It doesn’t matter if you’re looking for someone who lives across town or on the other side of the world—you’ll find them here!
Our goal is to help people create meaningful relationships that last. We want our members to find someone they can really connect with and build something great together. That’s why we offer so many features: chat rooms, video chat, photo galleries—even location-based dating! If you want to meet someone who shares your love of hiking or ballet or cooking, then look no further than [site name].
Dating site for long distance relationships
Best Long Distance Relationship Apps
With so many dating apps out there, how do you choose the one that’s right for you? Nearly every app can match you with someone a stone’s throw away, but what if you’re looking for exactly the opposite—what if you’re looking for a dating app to set you up with someone in another city (or country!) entirely?
You may be someone who travels frequently for work, or you may be testing the waters in advance of a cross-country move. Or you may just be a world traveler who’s looking for interesting coffee and conversation while you’re on the move. Whatever the case, you’re in luck! We’ve put together a list of the best long distance relationship apps to give you a leg up on your search for long-distance love.
And for those of you who are really looking to go long distance (like internationally), make sure you check out our list of the best dating apps for international singles.
The Top Long Distance Relationship Apps (LDR Dating Apps)
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#2||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#4||International Cupid||Free Trial|
|#5||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#6||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
|#7||The League||Free Trial|
eHarmony – Best App to Find Serious Long Distance Dating Online
eHarmony is one of the largest and most reputable online dating sites out there. The site has millions of members in countries all over the world, but there are 2 reasons we think this site is a great fit for starting long distance relationships. First, the majority of members are looking to find meaningful relationships. This means you’ll find singles who are willing to put in the work that a serious LDR requires.
The second reason is the site’s amazing matchmaking system. On eHarmony your matches will be generated from an incredibly detailed 150 point compatibility questionnaire. The better a match, the more likely they are to overlook distance (if maybe they weren’t looking for LDR like you are).
Higher Bond – Ideal for Christians Looking for Long Distance Love
For Christian singles, distance tends to be nothing more than a hiccup in the grand scheme of things. In other words, Christian men and women tend to be much more open to long distance relationships as long as it’s for the right person.
If you’re looking for a Christian dating site option that gives you the ability to meet someone from all around the US, we’d recommend checking out Higher Bond. Sign up now and get three months free with no catch!
Zoosk – Great LDR Dating App with 30 Million+ Users in over 80 Countries
With such an massive global userbase this list of long distance relationship apps wouldn’t be complete with Zoosk. This dating app has been in the game since 2007 and hasn’t stopped growing. Now members send over 3 million messages daily!
If you’re looking for a long distance relationship online Zoosk is a very flexible option. There’s a balanced mix of users wanting causal dates, serious relationships and even marriage.
Zoosk is also one of the cheapest premium LDR apps on our list with plans starting as low as $12 a month. Click the link below to check it out:
International Cupid – Find Singles From All Over The World
If you’re looking for romantic partners abroad this long distance dating app might be just what the doctor ordered. International Cupid’s simple user interface makes finding romantic partners from other countries a cinch.
This is one of many dating apps from Cupid Media, a brand that specializes in solutions for niche dating markets. One of the huge perks of that is that like sister sites Ukraine Cupid, Filipino Cupid, or Russian Cupid, the International Cupid app has built in translation for messaging.
If you’ve had a hard time finding singles near you and want to give long distance online dating a go you might want to claim the free trial below.
What Makes a Great Long Distance Dating Site?
In every online dating market you will find suboptimal options that sound like they should be great, but rarely are. To make sure all your needs are met, It’s important to know how to assess a long distance dating site for yourself.
Luckily we’re here to help, If you’re looking for a LDR dating site here are some features you’re doing to want to make sure they offer.
- Ability to choose your location
- Plenty of potential daters
- Great chat options
- Good search functions
- Ability to choose your location – Average dating sites pull from a pool of local singles, meaning your location at any given time determines who you see. If your goal is to meet someone new from out of town, you’ll need to use a site that lets you set the distance or city manually.
- Plenty of potential daters – People interested in long-distance relationships don’t want to sift through people looking for locals-only dating. A great dating site will cater to people like you, who are interested in getting to know singles from other cities. Many of the top long distance relationship apps will even have options to let you browse singles from other countries.
- Great chat options – It’s hard to know when to move from chat to text on any dating site, but it can be even more awkward when there’s substantial time between meeting online and meeting in person. A clunky chat function may move the conversation to text sooner than you’d like it to, and you may not want to give out your number before you know for sure you’d like to stay in touch.
- Built-in translation – though not absolutely necessary, having translation built into a LDR dating site’s messaging system is a huge plus if you’re planning to look for international singles. (This is something you can usually find on Cupid Media dating apps).
- Good search functions– If you’re hoping for a long-distance date to be your tour guide when you fly in for a visit, be sure you enjoy the same types of activities, whether it’s hiking, dining, or museum visits. A great search function will help you find keywords in a profile that match up with your interests.
Helpful Tips for Long Distance Dating Online
Let People Know Why You’re Looking
If you’re in a new city on business and you’d like someone to explore with for the weekend, be up front about the time you have available. Or you may be looking for new friends in a city you’d eventually like to call your own. Anything can happen—you can click and change your mind about being casual after meeting, someone, or you can second-guess a relationship if your move could get postponed. Still, it’s best not to deal in “what ifs” and be up front about expectations to start.
Be Prepared to Meet…Eventually
It’s rare to find a long distance dater who’s only looking for a text buddy. Feel free to take your time getting to know someone new, but if you hit it off, make sure you actually plan to meet in person. Keep an eye out for flight deals or other opportunities to find out if you hit it off in person.
Be a Good Host, Be a Good Guest
When you’re ready to meet in person, there’s plenty of travel involved. Whether you’re the one hosting or you’re the one that’s made the trek, it’s important to keep a nice balance between unwinding after the trip and exploring the city together. If you’re the one visiting more often, be sure to show your appreciation by offering to pay for dinner or for tickets to a show.
Spend Plenty of Time Getting To Know Each Other
Unlike a local date, where you can leave after coffee if things don’t click, making a date with a person in another city can be a little tougher. When you’re long distance dating, you may want to spend a little more time chatting so you’re not stuck in an unfamiliar city with a date that’s gone south. It’s also a good idea to arrange your own accommodations just in case your digital chemistry doesn’t translate to the real world.
Don’t Forget About Time Zones!
Depending where your potential long distance daters live, it’s possible that they’ll be getting ready for sleep just as you’re getting your post-workday momentum going. Whether you’ve just clicked with someone online, or things are getting a little more serious, find a time to be available that works for both of you—or be prepared to shift your schedule around to make time to talk.
Apps to Help Your Long Distance Relationship Thrive
Whether you have an international sweetheart or are just away from your partner for a while, long distance dating comes with some inherent downsides. Here are some apps to help with the ups and downs of your LDR dating experience.
- CoupleGame – This app allows couples to test how well they really know each other through a fun mobile game. While this is not exclusively an app for long distance lovers it can be a fun way to spice things up and bring you and your partner closer together.
- TouchNote – Let your long distance love know they’re on your mind! This app allows you to turn your pictures into postcards that the TouchNote team will send to your boyfriend or girlfriend. Cute right?
- Between – Whether it’s a first meeting or a long awaited return this app will help you count down to that special day! You will also be able to privately share memories and chat in a unique customizable interface. Just another great app to help mix things up in your long distance relationship.
- Download for Android | Rated 2.2 with over 1K ratings | Size: 44M
- Download for iOS | Rated 4.8 with over 18K ratings | Size: 238.8 MB
- If you’re only interested in the countdown aspect you might want to look into Lovedays, Dreamdays, or even our own Relationship Butler. These apps will make sure you always remember the dates that are important to your other half.
- WhenDo – Unfortunately this app is not available to Android users, but if you have an iPhone and want a cute app that helps you keep track of your long distance date’s timezone, WhenDo could be worth a download. (Download for iOS)
- Kast – Again this isn’t necessarily a long distance dating app, but it can be a useful tool. With this app you can plan a virtual date night and watch movies, listen to music, and more. This can be a fun way to share your interests or even just spark new conversations around what you’re watching.
- Love Nudge – Perhaps you’ve heard of book “the 5 love languages”? If not, the basic idea is that all people feel love most meaningfully in 1 of 5 ways (words of affirmation, acts of service, receiving gifts, quality time, and physical touch). This app will “nudge” you and help you remember to make time to show your significant other some meaningful love. If that’s not a great app for long distance relationships I don’t know what is.
We’ve just listed six of the most popular apps for long distance relationships, but there are hundreds out there. We would challenge you to go out and find more with your partner! In the end it’s not the app that matters.
The most important thing to remember if you want your long distance love to last is that you have to make time for each other. When you stop trying new things and making each other feel loved and important your relationship is in trouble. Don’t let it get to that point!
FAQ – Long Distance Relationship (LDR) Apps
Is Long Distance Dating Worth It?
Of course! At the end of the day, whatever road lead you to finding your Mr or Mrs Right was well worth it. If you’re in a long distance relationship you’re familiar with the struggles or long distance dating online, but you might be too close to see the benefits.
Psychologists have suggested that the benefits of long distance dating include strengthened emotional bond, room for individual growth, more genuine love, and greater appreciation for time spent together. It’s like they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Can I Search More Than One Location?
Sure! A good long distance dating app will allow you to select locations that interest you, and then let you see profiles from that city’s singles. If you travel a lot, this feature could be a life saver. Search for a location a week or two before traveling and start searching for singles who may be your type. When you’re long distance dating, you’ll have to be outgoing and send that first message.
Do Long Distance Dating Apps Really Work?
They can! Modern technology has made this big world a lot smaller. Sites for long distance dating are just a sign of the times. Embrace it and enjoy finding love with the LDR dating app of your choice.
How Do I Let People Know I’m Looking for Short or Long Term?
Every good long distance dating app will let you filter for singles seeking the same arrangement you are, but it never hurts to put it in the text of your profile as well. Different people focus on different parts of the profile, and they may miss out on info. There’s no harm in telling them twice.
How Long is too Long to Date Long Distance?
That’s up to you and your date! You may chat for a long time before meeting, then move on. Or you may meet, hit it off, and decide to couple up. It’s up to you how long you decide to keep your profile up, and up to you how serious you’d like to get.