There’s a lot of dating sites out there, but we think you’ll find the experience on JDate different from most. When you join JDate, you’ll find an online community of Jewish singles in your area and around the world who are looking for the same kind of relationship you are.
JDate is the world’s largest and most popular dating site for Jewish singles. We have more than 3 million members, so no matter where you are in the world, there’s bound to be someone who shares your interests and background.
We offer several ways to connect with other Jewish singles in your area:
• If you like someone, simply “like” them back—and if they like you back, they’ll be notified! You can also view a list of mutual friends and interests so that you know if this person is really going to be compatible with you.
• If you want to set up a date right away but don’t know what to do, we’ve got hundreds of ideas for great first date spots throughout the US—from coffeehouses and bookstores to museums and sports bars—so that every single one will appeal to both of your personalities!
• If no one catches your eye yet, keep searching! The more people
Dating site for jewish
Looking for your Beshert? Maybe you’re a little lost finding love or you’re tired of your family trying to set you up? Whatever your reason for joining us today, we’re here to help! Jewish dating does NOT have to be that hard.
In this Jewish dating guide, we’ve got a lot of great resources for you. We’re going to start by sharing our picks for the best Jewish dating apps and sites. Then we’re going to share tips, resources, information, and everything else we think will help you on your search for true love. By the end, you’ll be ready to get out there and find that special someone!
The Best Jewish Dating Sites
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#3||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
1. Jdate – Best Dating Site for Exclusive Jewish Dating
- Best Jewish dating site exclusively for members of the Jewish faith
- Connecting Jewish singles for over two decades
- Memberships starting around $30 per month – (Free trial link below)
One of the best Jewish dating sites available and certainly one of our favorites is Jdate. As you might suspect, there are a ton of dating sites out there that are 100% dedicated to matching up Jewish singles. While everyone of these sites and apps has the right idea, most of them are ghost towns. In our experience, Jdate is the only exclusive Jewish dating site with a ton of active singles in all areas of the country.
The Bottom Line: Jdate is the top Jewish dating site option for singles that want to date in an exclusive Jewish-only environment.
2. eHarmony – Best Jewish Dating Site for Serious Relationships
- #1 online dating site for marriages and singles
- Plenty of active Jewish singles of all ages
- Memberships starting around $35 per month – (Free trial link below)
eHarmony is one of the best dating sites out there for people that are looking to get married or to find a serious relationship. What’s great is that the site has a history of attracting tons of religious singles looking to find a faith-based relationship. What this means for you is a really great Jewish dating site. In fact, we actually go back and forth between Jdate and eHarmony on which site is the best to recommend.
And a talk about eHarmony wouldn’t be complete without talking a few quick facts. The site has helped over 2 million people find love with a new couple finding love every 14 minutes! If you really want to get results when it comes to Jewish dating—try eHarmony.
3. Elite Singles – Top Jewish Dating Site for Higher Educated Singles
- Over 85% of singles have an above-average education
- Lots of Jewish singles, particularly in the 30-40, 40-50, and 55+ age categories
- Memberships starting around $32 per month – (Free trial link below)
For many Jewish singles, the search for love involves looking for a highly-educated mate. Thankfully, there’s a dating site option to help you meet your needs. Elites Singles offer Jewish singles a great way to get to know each other through the desktop or app versions of the site. The site boasts an impressive 85% of the singles have an above-average education of some sort.
Are there Jewish singles on Elite Singles? Yes! There are actually a lot of them. If you’re looking for a Jewish man or woman who also is probably a smarty pants, this is where you want to be.
The Bottom Line: Elite Singles is one of the best Jewish dating sites offering a top-notch environment for finding other religious singles.
4. Silver Singles – Best Dating App for Jewish Seniors
- Avoid endless scrolling and save your valuable time. This app helps Jewish seniors find the best matches through daily suggestions.
- Exclusively for singles 50 years and older!
- Memberships starting around $28 per month – (Free trial link below)
From the Lord’s command to, “Honor your father and your mother.” to these words in Leviticus, “You are to rise in the presence of the elderly and honor the old.”, the Torah is quite clear that our elders are to be highly esteemed.
Unfortunately many niche Jewish dating sites for seniors do just the opposite. We’ve gotten many reports of fake profiles and catfish, membership scams, and overly complicated or confusing websites.
If you want to avoid these issues and more we recommend going with SilverSingles. Though it is not strictly for Jewish Seniors only, it is the top rated senior dating app of 2022 and rated an incredible 9.7/10 by our staff.
The Bottom Line: Combining the ability to filter potential matches by religion with all other safety and convenience factors, Silver Singles is easily the safest site for meeting Jewish seniors online.
5. Zoosk – Best Jewish Dating Option for Beginners
- 40 million singles with accounts on the app—most options
- Not 100% dedicated to Jewish singles, but still a high volume of Jewish singles to choose from
- Simple and straightforward online dating experience—good for beginners in Jewish dating
More Jewish Dating Sites Available in 2022
If you’re looking for a dating site that only caters to Jewish singles you’re in luck as this is a widely served niche within the online dating community. Here are some of the best Jewish dating sites out there:
- Jdate – Easily the top Jewish dating site anywhere online. With over 200,000 members worldwide, Jdate is a solid option for Jews looking for love in these modern times. For more info on this site we recommend you check out our detailed Jdate review.
- JWed – This Jewish dating service is for marriage minded singles only! If you’re looking to find your Jewish soulmate this may be worth a look. JWed prides itself on being “exclusively Jewish and exclusively for marriage”.
- JPeopleMeet – This Jewish dating site was established over 20 years ago and is still incredibly simple to use.
- SawYouatSanai – Find Jewish singles near you with the aid of an extrememly detailed questionaire and matchmakers.
- JSwipe – This tinder-like Jewish dating app allows you to quickly swipe to connect with other Jewish singles on the go.
- Jewish Friend Finder – This Jewish dating app is one of many in the “Friend Finder” network and offers the same features as it’s contemporaries.
- Jewish-Seniors – We beg older Jewish singles to avoid this dating site and look into one of the many great alternatives. Common user complaints with this dating app include fake profiles, terrible support, and a subscription model designed to exploit it’s users.
- Jewish Cafe – This simple, retro site allows you to quickly search for Jewish singles and easily get conversations going.
- Silver Jewish Singles – This is another site designed to help you meet older Jewish singles near you. Despite it’s dated look this is actually one of the newest sites mentioned on this page. Too many red flags and poor for our taste.
- *Super Tova – This was a completely free Jewish dating app that has recently been aquired by the JWed team. We’re curious to see what they do with the brand, but currently are just forwarding traffic and users to JWed.
There are of course pros and cons to using these Jewish-only dating services.
The biggest pro has to be the ability to only connect with other singles who share your culture and religious background. The biggest downside is that these and all other niche dating sites have fewer users. This leads us to one question that must be answered…
Should You Use a Jewish Only Dating App?
Ultimately this decision is up to you and what you’re hoping to get out of an online dating experience. We’re not telling you not to use a specifically Jewish dating app, but we’re just going to encourage you to consider all the options on the table. The main reason for this is the number of singles you will find with these niche dating services.
Let’s take JPeopleMeet for example. This Jewish dating site has been online for over 2 decades making it one of the most established on our list. But, while writing this there were only 26 single women registered in all of the US and Canada between ages 18 and 36.
We understand the importance of finding someone who shares your Jewish background, but just think it’s a bit hard to say those 26 singles are so much higher quality that it justifies going with a service like that over something like eHarmony where 2.3 million messages are sent weekly.
Jewish Dating Apps vs. Jewish Dating Sites
You might be a little confused if you’re brand new to all of this on whether or not you should be using dating apps or dating sites—or even what the difference is! Here’s the bottom line. Jewish dating apps refer to applications that you can download on your phone from the iOS store, the Google Play store, or as a Windows phone app. When you use these applications, it’s a completely immersive experience on your phone.
Jewish dating sites, on the other hand, refer to dating applications that you access through your web browser. This could be from your web browser on your phone, or it could be from your web browser on your computer. Think of these like a “normal website.”
Not sure which is best for you? Here’s the best news. Most of the best Jewish dating apps also have dating site options, and vice versa. What this means is that you can create an account through one medium and use either one. If you want to use the app one day and your computer the next day, that’s totally fine! In the past, it was a big choice you had to make. Today, though, you can get the best of both worlds through one Jewish dating account.
Jewish Dating Culture and Traditions
If you’re looking to date a Jewish man or woman it’s important to understand the culture and traditions that they cherish. Here are some things you can expect from traditional Jewish dating:
- Dating is Not a Game – Marriage is Important; this is a key place to start. While not all Jewish singles are urgently looking to get married, many are. If you’re looking for something serious this is amazing! You can expect unmatched loyalty if they think you’re Mr or Mrs Right.
- Judiasm (Religion) – If your perspective partner is a practicing Jew this will certainly come up. As with all religions there are different levels of devotion, but it’s not often that Jewish men and women marry outside of their faith.
- Take Things Slow – In line with the Jewish faith many Jewish singles will not engage in any form of sexual activity before marriage. This can mean various things depending on how devout your partner is, but expect dates to be held in public places as a safeguard to purity.
All in all dating Jewish singles can be amazing if you’re willing to be understanding and patient. Be honest about your goals and expectations and talk often.
Please Remember – Your Jewish soulmate is a person not a stereotype. Getting to know their culture and heritage is important, but not nearly as important as truly getting to know them and what they think, believe, and want from a relationship.
Jewish Dating and Cultural Terms to Know
If you plan on dating a Jew one of the following words is likely to come up at some point. Let us help prepare you for that with this quick glossary of terms:
- Beshert – Jewish people believe that God has ordained soulmates. While scanning Jewish dating apps you might see “Looking for my Bashert” which can be simply understood at “Looking for my soulmate”.
- Shidduch – Broadly this is the Jewish phrase for “Jewish Dating”. Traditonally in this system Jewish singles are introduced to eachother with the goal of marriage in mind.
- Kosher – This word has to do with the Jewish dietary guidelines given in the Torah. This includes avoiding shellfish and pork for example. We recommend you understand Kosher food standards if you’re going to date anyone Jewish.
- Tu B’Av – The Jewish day of love. If you’re dating a Jewish guy or gal you would observe this day much like Valentines Day in the US. (It begins august 11th. You’re welcome!)
- Bashow – This is a term for supervised dating. You may or may not encounter this, but the idea is that by supervising a date Jewish parents can help guide their children in their relationship.
- Shadchan – Traditionally a shadchan is one who takes on the role of matchmaker in Jewish culture. He will also often work to convince parents of the validity of his match (again you may not encouter this with modern Jewish dating).
- Mazel tov – The big day is here, congratulations! “Mazel tov” is a Jewish phrase used for congratulating someone on a special occasion. (At this point you will probably stomp on a glass though the meaning of this is up for debate.)
Tips for Jewish Singles Looking for Love
- Be upfront about your religious goals with the relationship.
- Build the perfect profile to attract Jewish singles.
- Know yourself, what you want, and what’s a deal breaker.
- Have fun!
Be upfront about your religious goals with the relationship.
For most people, the goal of Jewish dating is to find another Jewish single to marry. While there are some people who are okay marrying or dating outside of the faith, that’s going to be a personal choice. Whatever it is you’re looking for, make sure you are upfront about it with anyone that you meet online.
If you’re only going to date other Jewish singles, that’s great! But you need to make sure that’s clear so that you don’t string along anyone that doesn’t fit that mold. And if you’re okay dating people who are not of the Jewish faith, that’s okay too. If that’s you, you probably don’t need to worry about telling someone non-Jewish that you’re okay dating them. That would just be awkward 🙂
Build the perfect profile to attract Jewish singles.
Writing the perfect profile is the key to having success with Jewish dating online. While people in person get to know you over the course of time, the first impression online is that much more important. Before you start jumping into things headfirst, take a minute and read the guide we linked at the beginning of this paragraph. It will increase your success rate by a lot!
Know yourself, what you want, and what’s a dealbreaker.
The last tip we have for successful Jewish dating is to make sure you get started on the right foot. You’ve got to determine what is most important to you, what you’re looking for, and what you can or can’t live without. Here are a few questions we recommend asking yourself to get a better idea of what you’re looking for with Jewish dating.
- Will I only date other Jewish singles, or am I okay going outside the faith?
- How serious do I take my Jewish faith? Is it important my partner is on the same level? (Spoiler, it is important!)
- Do I only want to date one person at a time, or am I okay going on different dates at the beginning?
- What deal breakers are there? Kids? Drinking? Smoking? Lifestyle? Fitness level? Interests? Take some time here to map out what you’re okay with. Remember, not everything that you want is a need. Know the difference, so you know what you’re okay bending a little on and where you need to stand firm.
Yes, dating can be exhausting, and Jewish dating sometimes can be even more exhausting because the dating pool is smaller. But stay positive, and you just might be surprised to find out the process can be fun. And when you do find that special Jewish woman or man—it’s all going to be worth it.
Jewish Dating FAQ
Still have questions about Jewish dating online? You’re not the only one! Check out some frequently asked questions from users just like yourself below:
Is Jewish Dating for Jewish People Only?
It is not, though for it to be considered “Jewish dating” at least 1 Jewish person needs to be involved. (Otherwise it’s just dating)
Are there Free Jewish Dating Sites?
Some free Jewish dating services, Super Tova for example, have come and gone. Right now we don’t think there are any worth your time. With many things in life the bottom line is you get what you pay for.
That being said, almost all legit Jewish dating apps have free trials or free versions to get you in the door.
Is Physical Contact Allowed in Jewish Dating?
Traditionally the answer to this is no because sexual contact before marriage goes against the Torah. As a result many Jewish singles will dress modestly and date in group settings. Ultimately the final answer to this is up to the individuals involved though and what they’re comfortable with.
Are All Jewish Singles Looking For Serious Relationships?
Many Jewish singles are looking for marriages, but not necessarily all. “All Jewish Singles” aren’t really anything. If you want to know what a specific person wants or thinks you just have to ask. That being said, it’s worth mentioning once more that most Jewish singles are not looking for casual dating.
Are Jewish Dating Apps Worth the Money?
The problem with online dating is the unknown. Most premium Jewish dating sites start at around $10 a month. If you knew you would find your Beshert in a month or 2 or 6… Would it be worth it? For the cost of a few cups of coffee a month you can start your search, which in our opinoin is certainly worth the money.