Do you love art? Do you have a penchant for creating it? Are you an artist at heart? Are your creative juices flowing and looking for a place to show off your work?
We’re proud to be the only dating site that caters exclusively to artists. We know how hard it can be to find people who understand what it’s like to be an artist—that’s why we’ve made our platform a safe and welcoming space for all artists, from hobbyists to professional creators.
Whether you’re into painting, drawing, or sculpting; photography or videography; music production or performance; even writing or acting—we want to hear from you! If we don’t currently have a category for your specific medium of choice, let us know! We’re always looking for ways to grow our community and expand our offerings.
Dating site for artists
Let us paint a picture for you. You just organized your first solo exhibition. You are displaying your work for the world to see and you couldn’t be happier, except – who will be attending with you? Who will hold your hand and champion you and build you up when you are nervous? Every great artist has a great love, and we want to help you find yours.
There are a lot of nuances that come with dating an artist, and we know you want to find a partner who understands that and supports you. That’s why we curated this list of the best dating apps for artists. Whether you paint, draw, play music, or are just a creative-type, these apps can help you find your muse.
The Top 5 Apps for Artistic Singles
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#3||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#5||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
Reasons These Art Dating Sites are the Best
We never want you just to take our suggestions just because we say so! We always want to make sure you understand why we chose the options we did. On top of the normal reasons we love these dating apps (safety, security, track record, user experience, etc.), here are some art-specific or creative person-specific reasons we love these options.
- There are artists and creative people from all areas of the art spectrum. When we see the word artist, we think that encompasses all creative singles. Just because you do watercolors doesn’t mean you’re not going to jive with a musician or someone who does murals. Each of the art dating sites we’ve shared has these options for you.
- There is adequate space to express yourself. As you already know, artists love to express themselves. This becomes especially important in the dating context when you’re looking for someone who may end up being an influence on your art. The best dating apps for artists have space for you to share who you are, what drives you, and why your art is important to you. This may be as simple as text areas or even spaces where you can share examples of your art.
- They create a safe space. Yes, this is something that’s important for any dating app we recommend. However, it feels to us as it’s extra important when it comes to dating apps for artists because your emotions can have a major effect on your ability to perform or be creative. If an app isn’t safe or set up to support your creative mind, it could have a negative impact on your work, and we aren’t cool with that.
- You can color outside the lines. Most creatives love the ability to free flow through processes. When things are too rigid, it can feel stifling and really put a damper on a process. This holds true when it comes to online dating apps. While we understand some structure is required for things to work, we still want some freedom to handle the process how we want. For that reason, you won’t see dating apps with rigid communications processes, inflexible profiles, or unnecessary rules and guidelines.
- Options. If we had to identify one group of singles with the most eclectic and unique tastes, it would probably be artistic singles (which is awesome)! Because of this, it’s imperative that a dating app ideal for artists has lots and lots of options. That way, the chances of finding someone who fits exactly what you’re looking for is much higher. There’s a reason Zoosk is number one on our list with over 35 million singles.
Table of Contents:
- Challenges With Dating as an Artist
- Should I Use a Traditional Dating app or One Made Just for Artists?
- Why Artists Make the Best Lovers and Companions
- Should I Only Date Other Artists?
- Artist Dating Site FAQ
Challenges With Dating as an Artist
As you start to pick out a dating site to use and get deeper into the dating process, we want to make sure you’re as well equipped as possible. One of the areas we want to touch on are some of the challenges you may face dating as an artist or creative. These aren’t shared to get you down, but merely to help you better understand what the road ahead looks like. Always remember, the end of the road is a bright and exciting one shared with an awesome man or woman!
- People need to understand your creative side. – Artists have complicated views of the world and reality. You sometimes need to do and experience things for your art that some people simply can’t understand. If your creative method and way of thinking is too much for someone, they aren’t the partner for you.
- You may have an odd schedule. – Inspiration doesn’t always hit you at 11 am on a Tuesday. No, you likely find yourself in the throws of your craft in the wee hours of the morning and for prolonged periods of time. While that’s no excuse to never spend time with your partner, they do need to be prepared for your odd hours.
- Artists are known to have unique personalities (and that’s okay). – Those who are artistically inclined use their brains differently. That’s why they so often have eccentric personalities and peculiar tastes. You need to find someone who accepts you for who you are, not who they want you to be.
- Sometimes structured processes are a turnoff. – The idea of working a 9-5, doing the same tasks every day, and eating the same dinner every evening is practically a horror story to an artist. You need your days to be as unique as you are, and a partner who compliments that part of you will be best.
Should I Use a Traditional Dating App or One Made Just for Artists?
If you look around on the internet for more than two seconds, you will find a few niche dating apps and websites for artists. You might be tempted to hop onto one of those trains for quick access to love, but you should probably hold off. Those apps might seem like a good idea, but they often attract the exact singles you don’t want – groupies, fetishists, and clout chasers.
Mainstream dating apps are far better alternatives for artists. The user bases are far larger and allow you to base your initial matches on your personality, then whittle them down with search filters to find your absolute best match.
Curious about those niche dating apps? Of course you are. Creatives are always the most curious, and we love that. While we don’t really recommend many of them, here are some of the artist niche dating apps out there.
- Venn Social – With only 92 ratings and a 2.8 out of 5.0, Venn Social doesn’t seem to be too popular or too well liked. Technically, the app targets friends, dating, and business connections, which really makes it a bit muddy if you have a specific goal in mind. If you just want to connect with a few artists, maybe worth checking out. But if you’re serious about dating or want lots of options, this does not seem like a winner.
- DeviantArt – This is a strange one that we’re not totally sure if they’re a dating app or not. On parts of their site, they say that they are. However, when you go to their main link, it forwards to an artist portfolio type website. In all honesty, we’re just confused. We are pretty certain though this is not an effective platform for meeting artistic singles.
- Artfol – Again, not actually a dedicated dating app (and they don’t pretend to be), Artfol aims to be a social media network for artists. Definitely a cool concept, but it looks like adoption has been quite slow and certainly not a real option for scoring a date.
Why Artists Make the Best Lovers and Companions
Since we shared a bit of the struggles you may face, we wanted to come back with something to get you excited. Did you know that artists are one of the most sought after groups of singles. Let’s talk about why.
Artists make some of the absolute best partners, lovers, and romantic friends. One major reason is because artists have an innate ability to find beauty in everything. Each day has some form of silver lining even if it is simply inspiration for something else. This mentality can be great in a partner and help you to appreciate life more.
Another way artists really add to a relationship is their prowess in the bedroom. This isn’t necessarily because they are sexual scoundrels with tons of experience, but because everything is an experience to them. If you want someone who will turn sex into love-making, an artist will do it.
Should I Only Date Other Artists?
Of course not! The best partner is one that both matches and deviates from you. You need someone that understands your quirks, but is just different enough to help smooth out your rough edges. Sure, maybe a partner that gets annoyed at your hate for a schedule isn’t ideal, but one that helps motivate you to meet deadlines isn’t so bad.
When trying to find your true love, don’t think about someone’s labels – whether they are an artist or something else. Instead, focus on how their personality matches your and whether you can be truly happy together.
Artist Dating Site FAQ
Is there a dating site for artists?
Yes, if you look around the internet you will find niche dating sites for artists, but you will likely find it difficult to get good results from them. Not to mention, some of them are very expensive. We suggest you instead focus on mainstream apps and utilize their low prices, large user bases, and advanced features.
Should I avoid dating fans?
Often, when you start a relationship with someone who is a big fan of your work, you can find yourself constantly wondering if they truly love you. It is a shaky basis on which to begin your relationship. Now, that isn’t to say your partner shouldn’t be a fan of your work, but you will be able to tell the difference between a supportive partner and an obsessive fan. Here are some signs to watch out for that might mean your partner is too big of a fan:
- The first thing they say to you is about how big of a fan they are.
- They constantly introduce you with your credentials as an artist
- They use your status as an artist as a defining factor of their personality
- They ask you to stay in character or only refer to you by your stage name
What if my match hates my art?
We believe that a good partner is a supportive partner. They don’t need to love your artwork on a personal level. If they straight up tell you they hate your work, they are being disrespectful. We would recommend avoiding getting too close to someone who isn’t willing to treat you with more respect than that.
Is there a Tinder for artists?
When it comes to dating, no, there is not. However, there are art buying apps that have described themselves that way (like Fair Art Fair), but they have absolutely nothing to do with dating. It’s merely to connect collectors and artists.
Are there specific dating apps for musicians?
Yes, there are quite a few dating apps specifically designed for musicians, as well as dating apps that work well for musicians. We recommend checking out our musicians dating app guide for more information and specific examples.